Porridge is a type of food that is prepared by heating or boiling ground, crushed, or chopped starchy plants, usually grain, with milk or water. It is frequently cooked or served with additional flavourings such as sugar, honey, fruits, or syrup to make a sweet cereal, or it can be blended with spices, meat, or vegetables to make a savoury meal.
How To Make
- In a saucepan, combine 50g porridge oats, 350ml milk, and a pinch of salt.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a low heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally and keeping an eye on it so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- You may also try this in the microwave. In a large microwave proof bowl, combine the porridge oats, milk or water, and a sprinkle of salt, and microwave on High for 5 minutes, stirring halfway through. Allow for a 2-minute rest before serving.
- Pour into serving bowls, add a dollop of Greek yoghurt diluted with a little milk, and sprinkle with honey.
Porridge Recipe Recipe Card
Porridge is a healthy breakfast option that you can make easily in no time.
- Total Time :
- 10 min
- Preparation Time :
- 15 min
- Cooking Time :
- 10 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Kumari Rajnigandha
- Porridge oats 50grms
- Milk or water 350ml
- Greek yogurt
- Clear honey
- Fruits for topping
- Step 1
- Add oats, milk or water, salt, sugar and cinnamon in a saucepan.
- Step 2
- Bring to a boil, then lower to a low heat and continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Step 3
- Pour into the serving bowl and top with a splash of chilled milk or a dollop of Greek yogurt.
- Step 4
- Add fruits of your choice to make it more flavourful.
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org