We all love fries! Every time we go to a cafe, we always order some regular or peri peri fries. Spicy and crispy, peri peri fries have become an all-new favourite among kids. The only difference between regular French fries and peri peri fries is the extra spicy masala. With this recipe, make peri peri masala at home and give your regular fries a delicious twist.
How To Make Peri Peri Fries?
- Take four potatoes and wash them properly. Peel the potatoes and cut them into thin fries.
- Soak the potato fries in hot water for a few minutes till the starch starts to float above.
- Next, rinse the fries with cold water. This will help in removing excess starch. This trick also helps in turning your fries crispy.
- Using a towel cloth or tissue, dry the fries completely.
- In a deep pan, add oil and heat. Fry the fries in small batches till golden and crispy.
- Transfer the fries to a plate. Fry the rest of the batch.
- In a bowl, add black pepper powder, garlic powder, cumin powder, cinnamon powder, kashmiri red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander seeds powder, oregano powder, and salt as required. Peri peri masala is ready.
- Sprinkle peri peri masala over the fries, mix and serve with tomato ketchup.
- Peri peri masala can be stored in an airtight container for a month and used to add flavour to other snacks as well.
Peri Peri Fries Recipe Card
Delicious and crispy, these fries will become an all time favourite!
- Total Time :
- 30 min
- Preparation Time :
- 10 min
- Cooking Time :
- 20 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Tanya Malik
- 4 Potatoes
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 Tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 3 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Oregano Powder
- 1 Tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- Pinch Of Turmeric
- Salt As Needed
- Oil For Deep Frying
- Step 1
- Wash and peel potatoes. Cut them into thin fries.
- Step 2
- Soak potatoes in hot water for a few minutes and then rinse with cold water. Pat dry with kitchen towel.
- Step 3
- In a pan, add oil and fry the potatoes till golden and crisp.
- Step 4
- Make peri peri masala by mixing black pepper powder, garlic powder, cumin powder, cinnamon powder, kashmiri red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander seeds powder, oregano powder and salt as required in a bowl. Mix well.
- Step 5
- Sprinkle this masala all over the fries and mix.
- Step 6
- Serve hot peri peri fries with tomato ketchup.