If you have embarked a weight loss journey or are simply into healthy eating then oats may already be your best friend. But how else do you have it except with milk in a bowl? Here are two fun recipes which includes a scrumptious snack and a mid meal that will help bring in some much needed variation.
Dilkhush Oats & Veg Tikkis
- Oats 1 Cup
- Oil 1 Tbsp For Cooking, Little To Fry/Brush For Baking
- Boiled & Mashed Vegetables 1 Cup (Carrots, Beans, Potato)
- Ginger Garlic Paste 1 Tsp
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Garam Masala Powder 1/2 Tsp
- Coriander & Mint Leaves Chopped 2 Tbsp
- Little Oatmeal Flour/Maida For Dusting/ Helping In Shaping/Can Also Use Brown Breadcrumbs
- Prepare all the ingredients for the recipe.
- In a pan, add oil, all mixed mashed vegetables, ginger-garlic paste, soaked oats for 10 mins in 1 cup water, squeeze and add it to the pan.
- Add in salt, pepper, masala, cook for 2 mins.
- Remove allow to cool, add mint and coriander leaves mix and add the binding agent of your choice.
- Shape into ikkis, cutlets roll with oat flour or breadcrumbs, deep/shallow fry or spray with little oil and cook in non-stick pan or bake in an oven and serve with chutney/ketchup.
Oats & Berry Delight
- Oats 1 cup
- Dairy Free Milk/Soy Milk/ Oats Milk 2 Cups
- Jaggery Grated 1/4 Cup
- Crushed Green Cardamom 2 No
- Mashed Banana 1 Ripe
- Cut Assorted Fruits Of Your Choice ½ Cup
- 2 to 3 Chopped Dates
- Chopped Assorted Nuts
- Fresh Berries/Strawberries For Garnish
- Warm the milk (I preferred non-dairy option) in a thick bottomed pan, add in the oats, jaggery and mix on a low flame, stirring constantly, add in
- the crushed cardamom.
- Cook it for around 8 to 10 mins, turn off the flame and as it gets cool and creamier, add in the banana and mix, place it into serving glasses or bowls layer with more fresh fruits and dates.
- Serve warm or chilled, add a few chocolate chips if desired.
Dr. Kaviraj Khialani Celebrity Master Chef, is a creative cuisine specialist, author, food designer, food writer and consultant, based in Mumbai. With his varied experience with airlines and hotels, he has also mastered over 33 international cuisines, and has also been featured on various food shows on TV. He has also been awarded several National Awards and has also been recognised globally for his valuable contribution to the Food and Hospitality Industry over the past two decades now.
Stay tuned to HerZindagi for more such amazing recipes from experts.