There is nothing like enjoying your meal with a homemade pickle. However, a lot of people think that it is a tough task to prepare it at home. That's not true! What if you can make a lip-smacking pickle at home in just 10 minutes? Here, we have a Kerala style mango pickle or achaar recipe that everyone would love.
Mango pickles are loved by everyone and this one can be prepared at home easily with just a few ingredients. Enjoy it with parathas or dal rice.
Kerala Style Instant Mango Pickle Recipe Card
Easy to make, delicious aam ka achaar!
- Total Time :
- 15 min
- Preparation Time :
- 5 min
- Cooking Time :
- 10 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Tanya Malik
- 3-4 raw mangoes
- 3 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup mustard oil
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida or hing
- 8-10 curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Step 1
- Wash raw mangoes and let them dry. Make sure these mangoes are completely dry.
- Step 2
- Peel these mangoes and keep aside. You can also prepare the pickle without peeling these mangoes.
- Step 3
- Cut these mangoes into small cubes.
- Step 4
- Transfer these to a plate and sprinkle red chilli powder, turmeric and salt. Mix well.
- Step 5
- In a pan, add oil, mustard, fenugreek seeds and hing.
- Step 6
- Next add curry leaves to the pan and then switch off the flame.
- Step 7
- Now add mango pieces in the pan and mix all the ingredients well. Your mango pickle is ready!