Fish and chips are a weakness of many of us seafood lovers. We keep hunting for that perfect taste when visiting cafes. But how about making yourself at home and save money by not spending so much every time? If you make it yourself, you can tweak it your way and make it for your family as well. Here is a recipe that you will definitely love.
How To Make Fish & Chips
- Select a fish fillet preferably or any other fish you like.
- You can also make this fish using beer if you miss the Goan beer batter fish, just replace it with milk in this recipe.
- This is a classic recipe but you can tweak the seasoning if you like.
- So start by heating the oil for frying the fish and potato wedges.
- Make the batter with all the other ingredients and be careful when adding the baking powder, do not add more than the quantity required.
- Coat the fish fillets that you cut for the dish in a required shape or size and coat each piece well.
- Fry them in the oil and then lay them out on a kitchen towel to soak in the dripping oil.
- Do the same with the potatoes except for the batter dipping and then serve the comforting combination with boiled peas if you wish and some tartar sauce on the side.
Classic Fish & Chips Recipe Card
This recipe can be made by anyone who has 15-20 minutes to spare.
- Total Time :
- 15 min
- Preparation Time :
- 10 min
- Cooking Time :
- 5 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Kishori Sud
- Oil For Frying
- 2/3 Cup Maida
- Black Pepper Powder As Per Taste
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Kg Fish Fillets Cut Into Desired Size Pieces
- 5 Potatoes Cut Into Wedges
- Step 1
- Heat the oil on medium-high heat for frying in a pan.
- Step 2
- Mix together the eggs, baking powder, maids and salt until you get a smooth batter.
- Step 3
- Fold in the milk and keep whisking to avoid lumps.
- Step 4
- Season the fillets with salt and pepper and then dip them into the batter covering it all over.
- Step 5
- Fry the fillets until they becomes golden brown and crispy.
- Step 6
- Now, in the same oil, fry the potato wedges until they look golden.
- Step 7
- Season with salt and pepper and serve it tartar sauce.