If you love baking at home, we are sure one of your favourite ingredients on the list is chocolate chips. After all, there is something really missing from your cakes and cookies if you don't have an overload of chocolate chips in them.
Do you know you can also make your own chocolate chips at home? Though they are easily available in the market, there is nothing like homemade! Agree? If yes, this easy recipe is for you. You just need a few ingredients and your delicious chocolate chips are ready.
How To Make Chocolate Chips At Home?
- In a big bowl, sieve cocoa powder and all-purpose flour or maida. Mix well.
- Add in powdered sugar and salt.
- Next, add in milk. Make sure the milk is at normal temperature. Mix well. Keep stirring till you get a thick consistency.
- Transfer to a kadhai and cook on low flame.
- Now add butter and vanilla essence.
- Once cool, add the chocolate mix to a piping bag. If you don't have one, you can also prepare one using a plastic sheet at home.
- On a baking paper or butter paper, drop in chocolate chips in the shapes of your choice.
- Place the butter paper in the freezer for a few minutes.
- Using a spoon, slowly transfer all the frozen chocolate chips to a jar.
- Place it in the refrigerator and it's ready to use.
- You can top your favourite ice cream scoops with these homemade chocolate chips, add them to your dessert preparations.
Chocolate Chips Recipe Card
These homemade chocolate chips are affordable and customisable.
- Total Time :
- 30 min
- Preparation Time :
- 10 min
- Cooking Time :
- 20 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Tanya Malik
- 1 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tbsp All Purpose Flour Or Maida
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Pinch Of Salt
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 Tbsp Melted Butter
- Piping Bag
- Butter Paper Or Baking Paper
- Step 1
- Sieve cocoa powder and add in all purpose flour. Mix well.
- Step 2
- Next add salt and powdered sugar.
- Step 3
- Add in milk and stir. Transfer to a kadhai and cook on low flame.
- Step 4
- Now add melted butter and vanilla essence. Mix well.
- Step 5
- Cool the chocolate mix and transfer to piping bag.
- Step 6
- Pipe chocolate chips on a butter or baking paper in sizes of your choice and freeze.
- Step 7
- Once set, transfer to a glass jar and refrigerate.
- Step 8
- Chocolate chips are ready for use.
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at email@example.com