Have you run out of ideas for your baby's breakfast? Don't worry we got your back. Here are a few recipes that are easy to make, are extremely healthy and tasty as well. With a few more seasonings you can make them for yourself as well. They have the goodness of oats, rice flour and bananas. So scroll down and try one each day.
- 2 cups plain curd
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- A few hemp seeds (or chia or flaxseeds)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- First grind the oats to make a fine texture.
- Combine all the ingredients.
- Store it all in an airtight container and let it sit overnight in the fridge to soften.
- You can skip the seeds if you are skeptic.
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 2 cups oats
- ½ tbsp haldi
- 2 cups curd
- ½ tbsp oil
- ½ tbsp chana dal
- 1 tbsp urad dal
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- Salt as per taste
- Roast the oats and grind them into a powder.
- Heat some oil in a pan and then add the mustard seeds and dals. Stir till they begin spluttering.
- Add the carrots and coriander and Add then haldi and fry for a minute.
- Combine the curd and oats in a bowl and toss well to make a batter.
- Make idlis using the batter in a steamer.
- Let them cool down a little for your kid and cut into pieces, serve with ketchup or coconut chutney.
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 7 small potatoes cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 minced garlic clove
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup finely sliced green onion (mostly green parts)
- ⅓ cup finely chopped parsley
- 3 tbsp butter
- A tsp of extra-virgin olive oil
- Place the sweet potatoes in a saucepan and add a teaspoon of salt to it with some water in the pan.
- Bring it to simmer over medium-high heat, uncovered, until the potatoes are cooked which should take 10 minutes.
- Once done, drain the water and then add them back to the pan.
- Mash the potatoes to your desired consistency.
- Now, combine the onion, garlic and parsley.
- Then stir in the butter, sour cream and salt.
- Sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper.
- Transfer the mashed potatoes to a bowl, drizzle a little olive oil and let it cool a bit.
- Serve it to your child.
For more such healthy recipes for breakfast, stay tuned to HerZindagi.