Eid is almost here and we are sure you all must be busy prepping for the festival. The celebrations are incomplete without some homemade mithaai. An eid specialty, meethi sewaiyaan or sweet vermicelli is a quick dessert that is traditionally prepared on the occasion of Eid. They are really easy to make. All you need is, just some sewaiyaan and milk and voila! your yummy vermicelli is ready. So, here are two easy sewaiyaan recipes you can try.
- ½ cup pistas
- ½ cup almond
- 1 packet Vermicelli/ sewaiyaan
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup of sugar syrup
- 1 pinch of saffron
- A pinch of cardamom powder
- Handful of Khoya
- Blanch the almonds and pistas in water. It’ll make them soft and easier for you to peel off their skins.
- In a pan, boil them for 30 to 45 seconds.
- Heat the ghee and cook the vermicelli in it till it gets a lovely brownish hue.
- Once done, remove the pan from heat and keep it aside.
- Take a separate pan, boil milk to it.
- Once the milk comes to a boil and add the sugar syrup to it.
- Finely grate the khoya and add it to the milk. Cook till the mixture thickens.
- Next, add the roasted nuts, eliachi powder and cook for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with grate khoya and enjoy!
- 2 tbsp butter
- 100-gram sewaiyaan
- 25-gram cashew nuts
- 25-gram almonds
- 25-gram raisins
- 600 ml of milk
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 5 green eliachi
- A pinch of saffron
- Heat butter in a pan and roast sewaiyaan until it gets brown
- Now add almonds, raisins and cashew nuts into it. Roast them until they get goldnish-brownish.
- Take a separate pan, boil milk, sugar and smashed green eliachi.
- Add the roasted sewaiyaan mix into the milk pan. Mix well.
- Cook the sewaiyaan for 15 minutes over a medium-low flame.
- If it gets little dried, then you can add extra milk in it.
- Garnish with mashed khoya and serve!
So, this eid surprise your loved ones with these yummy and delicious sewaiyaan.
Stay tuned to HerZindagi for more recipes.