Let's be honest, not everyone is a fan of bottle gourd or lauki. Though we know the amazing health benefits of this vegetable, many of us end up not eating it because of its taste. An easy way to turn this healthy veggie into a tasty snack is by making fritters or pakode.
By just adding a few spices and other ingredients to grated lauki or bottle gourd, you can prepare these crispy fritters at home. You can have them as a snack or even prepare lauki ka kofta using these. Read on for a quick recipe.
Bottle Gourd Fritters Recipe Card
Serve delicious and gluten free bottle gourd fritters at your next get together.
- Total Time :
- 20 min
- Preparation Time :
- 10 min
- Cooking Time :
- 10 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Tanya Malik
- 1 Cup Grated Bottle Gourd Or Lauki
- 1/2 Cup Besan
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 Tsp Asafoetida
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- Salt To Taste
- Oil For Frying
- Step 1
- After grating lauki or bottle gourd, squeeze out all the water. This water can be later used if you wish to make gravy or want to drink lauki water.
- Step 2
- In a pan, add oil for frying and let it heat.
- Step 3
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, add grated lauki and add in all the ingredients. Mix well.
- Step 4
- Make sure the batter isn't too watery or it can get difficult to prepare the fritters. You can add more besan to the batter if the consistency is too thin.
- Step 5
- Using a spoon or your hands, drop a dollop size batter to the oil. Add some more and then fry till golden and crispy.
- Step 6
- Serve hot with tomato sauce or homemade chutney.