Amla or Indian gooseberries are available in abundance during the winter season. They are highly nutritious, packed with the goodness of Vitamin C, antioxidants which are all great for our overall health.
This season, if you wish to make the most of this sour fruit then you can turn it into delicious ladoos. If your family doesn't enjoy eating amla as is then this is just the perfect recipe to make them consume amlas or Indian gooseberry.
These amla ladoos are just what you need during this time when we are all amid the third wave of the pandemic because they will help boost immunity.
How To Make Amla Ladoos?
- Wash amlas and place in a bowl.
- Microwave for a few minutes and take out once they get a little soft.
- Grate amlas and keep aside.
- In a pan, add grated amla and sugar. Stir well.
- Cook till the mixture gets a thick consistency.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder and mix again.
- Take off flame and add chopped almonds and cashew nuts.
- Grease yout hands with some ghee and start making small balls using the amla mixture.
- Amla ladoos are ready.
- Store them in an air tight container. These ladoos can be relished for 3-4 months.
Amla Ladoos Recipe Card
These amla ladoos are ready in no time with just a few ingredients.
- Total Time :
- 20 min
- Preparation Time :
- 5 min
- Cooking Time :
- 15 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Tanya Malik
- 6 Amlas
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Almonds
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Cashew Nuts
- 1/2 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- Ghee As Required
- Step 1
- Microwave amlas and grate.
- Step 2
- In a pan, add grated amlas and sugar.
- Step 3
- Cook till the consistency turns thick.
- Step 4
- Sprinkle cardamom powder.
- Step 5
- Take off flame. Add chopped almonds and cashew nuts.
- Step 6
- Apply some ghee on your hands and make small balls using the ladoo batter.
- Step 7
- Store amla ladoos in a container. Enjoy!