If you have taken to clay pot cooking and want to try some basic recipes then this list will be of great help. From regular rice to dal and for nonveg lovers, a basic chicken curry, these recipes are what you need to master first before you start cooking something complicated.
- 250 Gms Chicken Pieces
- 1/2 Tbsp Grated Garlic
- 1/4 Tbsp Grated Ginger
- 1/4 Cup Curd
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onions
- Red Chilli Powder As Per Taste
- 1/4 Tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 Tbsp Finely Chopped Green chillies
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Inch Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Green Cardamoms
- 2 Cloves
- 1 Star Anise
- 1 Whole Dried Red Chilli
- Marinate the chicken with ginger, garlic and curd for 30 minutes.
- Heat the clay pot on the gas.
- Roast the cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon, bay leaves, star anise and red chilli until they release the aroma.
- Roast the onions till they become translucent.
- Now once you have roasted it all in the clay pot, add the marinated chicken and the rest of the spices with a little water and cover with a lid and cook on low heat for half an hour.
- Add the salt in the middle of the process and once the chicken cooks and the gravy becomes thick, turn off the heat.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
- 1/2 Cup Toor Dal
- 1 Dried Red Chillies
- 1/8 Cup Finely Chopped Onions
- 1/2 Tsp Haldi
- Salt As Per Taste
- 1 Tsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Minced Garlic Clove
- 1 Tsp Minced Ginger
- Pinch Of Cayenne Pepper
- Chopped Coriander Leaves To Garnish
Don't Miss: Here's Why Curd Should Be Made In A Clay Pot
- In a clay pot, add the dal, salt, haldi, garlic and ginger with some water and boil on low flame.
- When it is half cooked, add the chilli.
- Once cooked, cover it and meanwhile in another tadka pan, heat the oil and fry the onions.
- After frying the onions, add the cumin seeds and coriander seeds and once the cumin seeds have sizzled and become dark, open the lid of the clay pot and add the tempering.
- Stir well and serve.
- 2 Tsp Gingelly Oil
- Depending upon how much rice you need, take triple the amount of water.
- Boil the water in the clay pot with salt and 1/4th cup buttermilk (this whitens the rice).
- Add the gingelly oil to the boiling mix with the heat on medium.
Don't Miss: 6 Benefits Of Using A Wooden Spatula For Cooking
- Remove the foam and when the rice looks cooked, switch off the flame,
- Filter out the water with a large tumbler carefully and place the pot away for a few minutes to cool down the pot a little.
- Serve hot.
Stay tuned to HerZindagi for more such recipes.