The wedding season is the most celebrated season in all of the world. The Indian wedding industry takes up almost $14 billion of the world’s economy and here’s all you need to know about the wedding trends that may take up in the year 2022 as we were in talks with Aanchal Saini, the CEO of Flyrobe, a rental based service for brides and grooms all over India.
What wedding trends will we get to witness in 2022?
- Men have been renting pastels and jewellery for their D-Day.
- Women experiment with varied colours on their Big Day.
- Couples going big on Pre-wedding photoshoots with elaborate tail gowns and fancy tuxedos.
What will be the colour palette of 2022 for brides?
We forecast a mixed colour palette as is ongoing for the current season. Brides are going for bold and bright reds and also opting for pastels.
Will the Pantone colour, lilac, take over?
We haven’t seen major bookings for lilacs for the Wedding Day, but yes Lilac and moves are being worn for other functions.
What kind of jewellery customisations will be in trend?
- Special focus on elaborate headgears for women.
- Simple nose rings.
- Delicate necklaces.
- And Emerald, rubies and peaches for Men malas.
Read More- Brides Who Broke Stereotypes In 2021
Shorter or longer mangalsutras, which will be the pick for next year?
- Brides definitely are going for contemporary designs and not the typical black-gold traditional mangalsutra. The new age jewellery brands are offering non-traditional, chain-like designs to enable the millennial brides to blend this symbol of love with their personality and wear it more often than just during traditional affairs.
- Medium length chain with a twist of style is what will be trending.
Diamond, gold or white gold, what would be the trend according to you?
- Again cocktail of options is trending. Brides are going for elegant diamond jewellery with pretty pastels for an intimate wedding. And there is the bold gold studded bridal jewellery being rented as well.
- But for sure, the millennials are renting the bold bridal jewellery and when it comes to buying gold for weddings-they choose to buy wearable jewellery instead of heavy elaborate sets, jewellery that can be worn to work, brunches and parties and not the ethnic wedding wear variety.
What are your plans for the coming wedding season? Connect with us over Instagram and let us know in the comment section. Stay tuned to HerZindagi for more tips and tricks!
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at email@example.com