Are you one of those women who struggle to find the right type of bra because of their heavy bust? We know the struggle!
We, women, have a never-ending, bitter-sweet relationship with bras. Though they make us more confident when they fit miraculously well but other times, they just make us uncomfortable.
But why does this happen? Mostly because you choose a wrong bra for yourself, especially when you want to make your breasts look smaller. We know, selecting the right bra can be a lifelong mission. But this is why we are here for!
Ladies, to make you feel more confident about yourselves and obviously, to draw less attention towards your bust area, we have got the perfect solution for you. Well, try a minimizer bra!
So, now take one worry off your chest and read all the details about the minimizer bra below!
What Is A Minimizer Bra?
Image Courtesy: Shyaway Blog
Before starting, let us tell you that women of every body type or size are beautiful, and you do not essentially ‘need’ to have a specific clothing item to make you feel like that. Having said that, buying a minimizer bra is completely your choice if your bust size falls into the medium to large category. It can work wonders for you!
As the name suggests, a minimizer bra is meant to reduce the overall appearance of your bust. It can reduce the size by up to 2 inches and can also work to make your silhouette look more flattering. Isn’t that cool?
The cups of the minimizer bra are designed in such a way that they compress and distribute your breast tissue equally across the breast, while also contouring the natural shape.
Before you think that this is some kind of magic, we must break it to you that this bra doesn’t actually reduce your breast size but it redistributes the breast tissue in such a way that reduces how far your breasts project forward.
This type of bra also come in various varieties - from underwire bras to non-wired bras. So, you won’t have to compromise on that part!
How Does A Minimizer Bra Work?
Image Courtesy: Zivame
Now, you must be wondering that how exactly the mechanism behind the minimizer bra works, right?
Most of the minimizer bras are crafted with a layer of padding that provides extra support for larger busts without them look larger. The cups are also designed with non-stretchable fabric to prevent sagging.
A minimizer bra ensures zero bounce so that you can wear it under formal attire without worrying about buttons popping up. Further, it has thick, cushioned straps and bottom band that takes pressure off from your back and shoulders to prevent your skin from getting any red marks.
Don't miss: How To Measure The Size Of Your Bra
Benefits Of A Minimizer Bra
Apart from giving a slimmer bust look, minimizer bras have not one or two but several benefits. Some of them are mentioned below:
- They are the best solution to combat gaping every time when you wear a formal button-down shirt.
- They offer a comfort to women with large breasts through better support.
- They make the silhouette appears smoother and more balanced.
- With being full coverage, they can reduce breast bounce.
- They can also prevent any bulge so you can don all types of necklines and fits easily.
- If you have wide-set breasts and prefer bras that give you some cleavage, minimizer bras can also do that.
Tips For Choosing The Right Minimizer Bra
If you have decided to invest in a minimizer bra, it’s important to keep a few things in mind while purchasing them.
The Magic Of Fabric
- You should always go for a good brand that will provide you a bra which is made of good quality fabric.
- Wearing the wrong fabric of minimizer bra can lead to itching, redness, or allergies.
Image Courtesy: Clovia
- Make sure your bra size is right and please don’t be under the impression that you will need to size down from your usual measurements when shopping for a minimizer bra.
- Never go for bras that are too tight around your band.
- Bras that are too tight can lead to tissue damage, muscle soreness and poor blood flow, and can be uncomfortable to wear as well.
- While choosing the size, pay attention to the pressure you feel when you try on the bra. The minimizer bra should never squish down your breasts.
- Opt for a bra which makes your breasts feel like they are gently and snugly supported. This will prevent you from breast tissue damage.
Check The Cups
- Not only the band, but also look check the cup size. If the cups are too large, then they can make you look flabbier than you really are.
- You should always look for a minimizer bra with separated cups.
- Separated cups can provide a more natural and lifted finish whereas, the other ones may push your breast tissue too far to the sides.
Try It Before You Buy It!
Image Courtesy: MedPharmRes
- You can find many styles while purchasing a minimizer bra so make sure that you try the bra on before leaving the store.
- You can take both tight and loose clothing pieces with you into the dressing room. It may help you determine whether or not the bra is a good fit.
- Also, do ensure that your bust shape looks natural and shapely under tighter tops and dresses.
- It’s a good idea to do some stretching while trying out the bra in the dressing room. If it feels comfortable for the whole thirty seconds after stretching, then you can go for it!
Are you going to invest in a minimizer bra? Do share your thoughts with us on our Facebook page. For more such stories, stay tuned to HerZindagi!
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org