Wedding season is soon to hit us again. Amid the rush of selecting perfect attires, jewellery and makeup, sometimes we forget to pick apt hairstyles. While leaving your hair open can work at times, but nothing can beat the glamour for amazing braids, especially with traditional wears.
If you are soon to hit an event donning something traditional, you must pair it with chic hairdos. We bring you quick and easy tutorials of five celeb-approved hairstyles, so that you can look ravishing!
Kareena Kapoor’s Chignon
The actress is soon to welcome her second baby and we can’t keep calm. Meanwhile, let’s learn how to make this easy-peasy chignon that will only take 5 to 7 minutes to make.
- Comb and detangle your hair well.
- Do a side parting, and bring most of the strands on one side.
- From the temple of your head, take a chunk of hair.
- Divide it into three equal parts and start braiding.
- Cross first section from the third, leaving the second one below.
- Then add hair to the first section and repeat the step.
- Braid until you reach the back of your ear.
- Bring the braid and all your hair back. Tie all in a ponytail.
- Wrap the hair around the band to make a low bun and you’re done!
Sonam Kapoor’s Braided Bun
Sonam Kapoor is known for her style and fashion sense. Be it red carpet or a simple event, she never fails to impress us with her uber-chic picks. Here’s how to make her braided bun:
- Detangle your hair well and apply the serum.
- For making four braids all together, part two hair chunks from the temple of your head.
- And two from the portion near your ears.
- One by one, start braiding. Divide into three sections and cross first from the third by passing over the second.
- Repeat this on all the sections and secure with clear hair ties.
- Once done, bring all the braids and hair back to make a ponytail.
- Wrap around the band to make a hair bun.
Anushka Sharma’s Loose Side Braid
She, who has recently welcomed her daughter into the world is looking drop-dead gorgeous in this snap. We love the look that has been ever-popular in Hindi cinema. To attain this look, follow these steps:
- Comb your hair well and do a centre parting.
- Bring your hair on one side and start making a loose braid.
- Divide the hair into three sections: first, second and third.
- Cross first from the third strand, by letting the second one stay on its place.
- Repeat the same step until you reach the end and secure with a hair tie.
Alia Bhatt’s Mermaid Braids
Alia Bhatt may soon tie the knot with her beau, Ranbir Kapoor. She not only as an amazing ethnic wear collection, but the actress sports great hairdos. Learn how to make this mermaid braid:
- Detangle and part your hair from the middle.
- From each side, separate a chunk of hair. Tie the rest of your hair.
- Begin working on the right side. Divide the hair chink into two sections.
- Cross to make the first stitch, and then take a small portion from each section and start crossing them.
- You will soon have a fishtail. Secure with a clear elastic band and repeat on the other side.
- Once done, place both braids on the crown section and secure using bobby pins.
Deepika Padukone’s Pigtail Braid
One of the top stars of the Bollywood, Deepika Padukone exudes glamour in everything and anything she wears. We love her pigtail braid and here’s how can make it too:
- Comb your hair (best hair brushes) to bring them all back.
- Divide a section from the temple of your head and make small hair puff.
- Secure at the crown section with bobby pins.
- Brush rest of the hair back to tie in a ponytail.
- Once done, begin braiding. Divide the ponytail into three sections.
- You have to make an upside-down braid, so cross first and third sections by passing beneath the second one.
- Repeat this until one-inch hair is left and tie with a black or clear hair tie.
If you liked this article, do comment on our Facebook page. Stay tuned to HerZindagi to read more such stories.