Recently, Harnaaz Sandhu has brought the crown of Miss Universe home after 21 years. She has given India a big victory. However, have you ever wondered how many stages she must have crossed to become Miss Universe?
It is surely a dream of many girls to be the most beautiful girl in not only the whole world but in the whole universe. However, only a handful can fulfill this dream. Yes, we are talking about every girl’s dream of achieving the title of Miss Universe.
A lot of girls see this dream of being crowned as Miss Universe but only a few reach this stage. Have you ever wondered after how many stages one can win the title of Miss Universe? What should be the qualification to achieve this title and how should one prepare for it?
If you are someone who is willing to take part in the beauty pageant, then here is all the information that you need to know.
What Is The Miss Universe Contest?
Miss Universe is the largest and second oldest International beauty pageant which started in June 1952 by Pacific Mills, a California based clothing company.
The beauty pageant is administered by the Miss Universe organisation and is currently owned by WME/IMG.
Miss Universe advocates for humanitarian causes and becomes a voice that brings about positive change in the world.
Army Kusela was the first woman to be crowned Miss Universe while Sushmita Sen was the first woman from India who won the title of Miss Universe. In 2021, Harnaaz Sandhu from India won the title of Miss Universe.
How To Apply For Miss Universe?
If you want to apply for Miss Universe competition, then it is important for you to know how to apply here.
- Miss Universe contestants must be between 18-27 years of age as of January 1 of the year in which they compete.
- The people participating in this contest should not be married.
- Since there is no talent round in this beauty pageant, therefore, people are judged on the basis of three rounds; evening gowns, swimsuit and personality interview.
- For the entry into Miss Universe pageant, candidates have to apply through the national director of their respective countries.
- The candidate must be the winner of the national competition.
How To Prepare Yourself For Miss Universe Pageant?
- For Miss Universe, your figure as well as your outfit should be perfect.
- You should use skin-care products like sunscreen, acne-fighting cleanser and moisturiser to make your skin glow.
- Remove any unwanted hair from your body before the beauty pageant. However, don’t do it just before the contest as it may cause irritation.
- Take modelling classes in order to refine your talent.
How To Choose The Right Outfit?
- If you want to enter the Miss Universe beauty pageant, then you must start saving for your wardrobe, hair and makeup along with entry fees and travel expenses.
- Buy high quality hair and makeup products.
- Buy an evening gown that not only reflects your personality but also fits you well. Pair this evening gown with the right kind of footwear. You should avoid buying gowns online.
- Choose the right colour to wear in the swimsuit round and pair it up with the perfect 4-inch heel.
- For the initial interview round, choose a skirt suit that suits your skin tone. Along with this, wear shoes with matching heels.
How To Behave?
- Behave well during the Miss Universe pageant.
- Avoid any kind of drugs or smoking.
- Stand with your back straight, shoulders back and face forward.
- Do not bend over while sitting, cross your ankles and place your four hands on your lap.
- If the judge extends his hand first, shake hands with them.
- Be calm and restrained and be courteous to everyone at the event.
- The most important thing is to keep smiling all the time.
What Is The Selection Criteria?
- The beauty pageant begins with a preliminary interview round where the contestants face questions from the judges.
- Contestants who win the preliminary round get to participate in the semi-finale round.
- During the semi-finale round, contestants walk in swimsuits, athletic dress and evening gowns.
- Based on the performance in the semi-final round, the top 6 contestants advance to the finals.
- The contestants then proceed to the finale where they have to answer different questions.
- Out of these, the top 3 contestants answer a common question.
- Based on the highest score, the candidate is chosen as the winner and is called Miss Universe.
- The contestant with the second highest score is the first runner up while the contestant with the third highest score is the second runner up.
Don't Miss: Decoding Harnaaz Sandhu's Miss Universe Looks
Tips For Participating In Miss Universe Pageant
- Present yourself confidently in the swimsuit round.
- Be confident during the interview round.
- Present yourself well during the evening gown contest.
- Whatever the outcome is, always keep smiling.