Most of us think that the only way to look beautiful is by applying make-up. While it is true that it can help us hide our flaws, it isn’t true that no one can look beautiful without make-up. In reality, the secret behind beautiful skin is healthy skin. Beauty and good health are the two sides of the same coin, therefore, it is necessary to maintain good health for glowing skin. Along with good internal well-being, you need to focus on a regular, appropriate as well as external skincare routine.
Healthy Body For Good Skin
Aforementioned, good health must be on top of your priority list for flawless skin, lustrous hair, and a slim figure. A body that is fit is imperative for maintaining beauty and preventing problems that mar beauty. On the other hand, eruptive conditions of the skin can be due to a congested system.
Care For Your Skin
It is true that healthy and clear skin doesn’t need to be covered up with make-up to look impeccable. However, you can’t leave your skin just like that. It is important to take care of your skin and follow a skincare routine daily. Your daily skincare routine should involve cleansing, exfoliating, toning, moisturising, nourishing, and protecting.
In order for you to take care of your skin properly, the first thing that you need to do is to understand your own skin type. It is really important to know all about your skin in order to choose the right products according to the individual needs of your skin. Regular care not only improves the look of your skin but also makes you feel confident. To make your skin look impeccable, you can choose from numerous kinds of ready-to-use products that are available for different skin types and needs.
An essential element for skin care is face masks as these single-handedly provide a solution for several skincare problems. If you use these masks regularly, then they will help to keep your skin in good condition, tightens the skin, adds a glow, improves the cell renewal process, and delays aging signs. While using a face mask, do remember to avoid the lips and area around the eyes. Follow the specified instructions so that you don’t make any mistakes while using it.
The Do’s And Don’ts Of Skin Care That Should Be Kept In Mind
Along with following your daily skincare routine, you should also take care of some other things in order for your skin to look radiating.
- In order to remove dirt, pollutants, stale sweat, oil, dead skin cells, and make-up that are deposited on the skin during the day, night-time cleansing shouldn’t be missed.
- Protect your skin from the scorching heat of the sun with a broad-spectrum sunscreen. Apply sunscreen 20 minutes before sun exposure. Keep applying sunscreen after every hour to protect your skin. Go for a sunscreen with SPF 20 as it suits most skin types. Go for higher SPF if you have sensitive skin that burns easily.
- Use scrub regularly to remove dead skin cells, unclog pores and brighten the skin.
- Never forget to moisturise as it keeps the skin soft, smooth, supple, and youthful. These are available in both liquid and cream form but you should go for creamy moisturisers for dry skin. Do remember to always apply it under makeup.
- Nourishing the skin is important so that it can hold moisture. Apply nourishing cream at night and massage it on the skin for 2 to 3 minutes, then wipe off with moist cotton wool.
- As alkaline soaps can disrupt the pH balance, therefore, don’t wash your face with soap and water more than 2 to 3times a day.
- Avoid applying heavy moisturisers on oily skin as the pores can get clogged which can result in blackheads and acne. For oily skin, mix 100 ml rose water with one teaspoon of pure glycerin and keep this mixture in an airtight bottle in the fridge. This will work as a substitute for moisturiser.
- Don’t apply facial scrub on skin with pimples, acne, or rash as well as don’t pick or pinch blackheads and pimples.
- Don’t stretch or pull the skin around your eyes while removing make-up. Also, don’t apply scrubs or masks around the eyes. Apart from this, remember to remove under-eye cream with cotton after 15 minutes as leaving it on all night can lead to puffiness.
Based on the tried and tested Ayurvedic system that has been trusted for years, it is found that skincare with herbal ingredients definitely shows a complete lack of any harmful side effects and any kind of skin reactions. Nature is not only an expert chemist but also the best cosmetologist. Herbal beauty care helps to achieve the perfect balance that is extremely essential for healthy and glowing skin.
Shahnaz Husain is a leading beauty expert in our country. She is a pioneer in herbal beauty and heads the Shahnaz Husain Group as managing director. For more such tips from the expert, stay tuned to Her Zindagi.