Every one of us wants healthy, long, and lustrous hair. Why not? It is considered to be the crowning glory.
We keep on looking for ways through which we can achieve that. But have you ever thought of adding onion to your hair care routine? No? Then, you have missed out on a very important thing, my friend!
But don’t worry, this is what we are here for!
Using this easily available ingredient is a safe, natural, and affordable home remedy that can do wonders for your hair. Whether you are dealing with hair thinning, hair fall, graying of hair, premature balding, or other hair-related problems, you can use onion for treating your hair problems. They are truly a godsend!
To help you, we have listed some DIY Onion Hair Packs that you can use to combat your hair problems. Thank us later!
But first, let’s take a look at how an onion can give life to your unhealthy hair.
Benefits Of Onion For Hair
From promoting healthy hair growth to reducing hair breakage, onion (or its juice!) is your definite one-stop solution. Here are all the reasons why onion helps in combating your hair woes:
- Helps in improving your hair growth by boosting the level of antioxidant enzyme catalase.
- Enriched with sulfur content which helps in minimizing hair thinning and breakage.
- Contain strong antioxidants which can help to reverse the effects of premature graying.
- Its rich antibacterial properties help in keeping the scalp healthy and free of infection.
- Fights dandruff because of the same anti-bacterial properties.
- Stimulates the scalp and improves the circulation of blood.
DIY Onions Hair Packs For Solving All Your Hair Problems
Now that you know about the umpteen benefits of using onion for hair growth, it is time to learn about these DIY Hair Packs which offer a simple yet effective way to keep your tresses healthy.
Onion Juice And Honey Hair Pack
If you are looking for a hair pack to get long and shiny hair, then you have got to try this pack!
Honey is known for its moisturizing and nourishing properties. It is basically an emollient, which helps bind moisture to your hair and scalp. It can also act as a natural conditioner and reduce hair fall by strengthening the hair follicles.
Combining this moisturizing ingredient with onion juice can boost your hair growth while making sure that your tresses stay hydrated and shiny.
- Take 2 tablespoons of onion juice.
- Take 1 tablespoon of organic honey.
- Combine the ingredients until you get a smooth paste.
- Apply this mixture onto your scalp and gently massage in a circular motion for a couple of minutes.
- Then, leave the mixture on for about half an hour.
- Wash your hair with a mild (preferably, sulfate-free) shampoo.
- For best results, use this hair pack twice a week.
Onion Juice And Castor Oil Hair Pack
Castor oil is one of the most popular home remedies for boosting hair growth and making your hair stronger.
This magic oil contains ricinoleic acid and omega-6 fatty acids which helps in increasing blood circulation. It also helps in thickening your hair and maintains it in excellent health. While, onion juice ensures a reduction in hair fall and an increase in hair volume.
However, if castor oil is not available, then you can use coconut oil.
- First, take an onion and cut it into smaller pieces. Now, put the chopped pieces in a mixer jar and blend them into a paste.
- Once you have the paste ready, take a muslin cloth and extract all the juice out of the paste.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of onion juice into a bowl.
- Then, add 2 tablespoons of castor oil and mix both the ingredients well.
- Apply the mixture onto your scalp and gently massage your scalp in circular motions.
- Let the mixture sit for an hour.
- Wash it off with your mild shampoo and condition your hair well to get rid of the smell.
- You can use this oil mixture on alternate days.
Onion Juice And Egg Hair Pack
Image Courtesy: Times of India
If there is one superfood that really works wonders to deal with a variety of hair issues, then it has to be eggs.
Because of the high protein content of eggs, this pack will nourish and condition your scalp to keep it clean, strong, and healthy. It will also provide a healthy shine to your hair and makes them super soft and manageable. While, the onion juice will stimulate your scalp to promote hair growth.
If you are worried about the smell, then, you can add some rosemary or lavender essential oil. It will not only control the smell but also prevent premature graying and dandruff. So it’s a win-win!
- Take 1 tablespoon of onion juice.
- Take 1 whole egg.
- Then, add both the ingredients into a bowl and whisk them to get a smooth mixture.
- Add 2-3 drops of rosemary or lavender essential oil to the mixture to prevent smell.
- Apply the mixture onto your scalp and work it down through the length of your hair.
- Let it stay for about 40 minutes.
- Wash your hair with cool water and a mild shampoo. Cool water will help in controlling the smell and prevent the egg from cooking in your hair!
- For desired results, use this hair pack once or twice a week.
Are you going to use this incredible ingredient in your hair care routine? Do share your thoughts with us on our Facebook page. For more such stories, stay tuned to HerZindagi!
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org