India is the land of many cultures, with people of different religion and believes living together in harmony. One of the best things about this country is its festivals. There are about thirty grand festivals celebrated each year in India, other than several other small ones.
Holi, which is one of the most significant Hindu festivals is just around the corner. We are already excited to colour each other with gulal. However, with the fun also comes the struggle to get rid of the dark permanent stains that sometimes stay on our skin for days. If you don’t want that to happen, take notes of these simple home remedies.
Egg White & Curd
While you can hide the colour stains on the body by wearing clothes, it is a face that you need to take care of. Use this home remedy to get rid of colours gently.
- In a bowl, crack an egg and remove the yolk.
- Also, add 1 tablespoon of curd.
- Mix using a spoon.
- Scrub your face gently with this mixture. You will see the colours will come off in no time.
If you have sensitive skin, and you don’t want to scrub your face causing damage and irritation, try this home remedy and remove colours from your skin.
- In a bowl add 2 tablespoons of Multani mitti.
- Also, add 2-3 tablespoons of rose water.
- Mix both making a thick paste.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- Them apply on the skin.
- Leave for 30 minutes and wash it off to remove colour stains.
Found almost in every Indian household, mustard oil is great for the skin. To remove permanent Holi colours from the skin, without being abrasive, try mustard oil.
- First, normally shampoo your hair and wash your body using any body wash.
- Pat dry your skin and hair.
- Then apply a good amount of mustard oil all over your body, including your scalp.
- Leave for one hour so. You will notice the colours will vanish.
- Take a bath again using body wash to get rid of any stains.
Just like mustard oil, olive oil can also do wonders for your skin. It can also assist in removing stubborn Holi colours. Here’s how.
- Take ½ bowl of olive oil (olive oil benefits) and heat it. Make sure the temperature is just lukewarm.
- Take a bath, getting rid of all the colours on the body and hair.
- Then apply olive oil. Scrub your body using the same.
- Take a towel and rub your body.
- Take a bath again to finally remove any colour stain.
In order to remove dead skin cells, blackheads or any stubborn mark on the skin, wheat flour can turn out to be very useful. It is also likely to remove stubborn colour stains from the skin
- In a bowl, add 2 tablespoons of wheat flour.
- Also, add 2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice (unusual lemon peel uses).
- Mix well and apply on your skin.
- Scrub well and take a bath.
- The colours will be gone in no time.
Do let us know which of these home remedies helped you the most by commenting on our Facebook page. Stay tuned to HerZindagi for more such stories.