The festival of colours, Holi leaves beautiful memories every year. Now that the festival is over, it is time to deal with the aftermaths of playing with colours.
While we know using flour and coconut oil helps to get rid of colour stains on the skin. What about those stubborn stains on the nails? No one wants to be seen with nasty looking nails post-Holi. For that, your nails also need to look clean and well-groomed. Clean your nails using these home remedies, post playing with colours on Holi.
Vinegar is found almost in every household. It is citric in nature and hence can be used to remove different kinds of stains. Here’s how you can use it to get rid of colour stains on the nail.
- Take a mixing bowl, add 3-4 tablespoons of white vinegar.
- Immerse your nails in the bowl for a few minutes.
- Use a cotton ball to rub your nails until the colours vanish.
Amchur Powder (Dry Mango Powder)
Amchur powder, another ingredient easily found in an Indian household is a souring agent. You will definitely be using it in a couple of dishes on Holi. Save some to also clean your nails.
- Take ½ tablespoon of amchur powder in a bowl.
- Add 2-3 drops of water to make a thick paste.
- Once done, use a small brush to scrub your nails until the colours are gone.
Apply Clear Nail Polish
This remedy is to be used before playing Holi, as a measure to protect your nails. The remedy is great for those who have weak nails and may not want to use any citric element.
- A night before Holi, clean your nails nicely using oil.
- Then apply a double coat of clear nail polish on all the fingers.
- After you are done playing with the colours, remove the nail polish coat with a nail paint remover.
Lemon is packed with many benefits. Be it helping in losing weight (how to lose belly fat) or getting rid of any stubborn stains, this citric fruit can assist in all. Here’s how you can remove colours from your nails.
- Take 1 lemon, squeeze all its juices.
- Take a Q-tip, dip it in the lemon juice.
- Use the same to clean your nails gently.
- Make sure you don’t have any cuts while doing so.
Use Dark Nail Polish
If nothing seems to be working for you and the colour on your nail is still there, applying darker nail polish can always save you.
- First, clean the colour stains on the cuticles, so that your nails can look clean after applying nail polish (5 nail hues you’ve got to try).
- Also, trim your long nails to make them look cleaner.
- Lastly, apply two coats of dark nail polishes such as maroon, red, black, blue, etc.
Do let us know which of these remedies helped you by commenting on our Facebook page. Stay tuned to HerZindagi for more such stories.
Picture Courtesy: Pinterest, Freepik