For those of us, who are not good at keeping various products for different purposes, always wish for something multipurpose. But, the reality is there are hardly any such products that can enhance the beauty of our face, hair and the rest of the body at the same time.
However, have you ever tried peel of a cucumber? It is a natural ingredient that can solve all your beauty problems in one go. While most people discard the skin of the cucumber, it can help in so many ways. If you want to know, hang in with us to know some simple DIY recipes for your skin, and hair.
DIY Face Pack To Remove Dead Skin Cells
Packed with the most amazing hydrating agents and fibre, cucumber skin is great to gently exfoliate your skin and remove those stubborn dead skin cells.
- 3-4 strips of cucumber peel
- 1 tablespoon yoghurt
- A pinch of turmeric
- Roughly grate cucumber peel in a bowl.
- Combine turmeric and yoghurt.
- Using your fingers, apply on the skin.
- Gently scrub your face in circular motions.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Again, scrub your face gently.
- Rinse off with cold water.
- Apply hydrating moisturiser.
- Use every week for best results.
DIY Body Scrub
The pollution and the sun’s harmful UV rays are enough to take a toll on your skin this summer. Hence, you want something that can remove the tan and make it glow. Try this simple DIY body scrub.
- 1 bowl cucumber peel
- 1 tablespoon soaked chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon soaked masoor dal
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a mixer grinder, grind all the ingredients together.
- Make sure it a coarse, thick paste and not a runny one.
- Before hitting the shower, scrub your body using the same.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Rinse off without using any soap.
- Pat dry and apply olive oil.
- Use once a week for great results.
DIY Hair Mask
Are you feeling annoyed of frizzy, lifeless hair? Give it the needed nourishment with this amazing DIY hair mask, which can be prepared in a jiffy.
- ½ bowl cucumber peel
- ½ cup potato juice
- 2-3 tablespoons lime juice
- Grind all the ingredients in a mixer grinder.
- Take it out in a bowl.
- Use your hands to apply on the scalp.
- Let it sit for about 8-10 minutes.
- Wash thoroughly using normal water.
- Use this once a week for the best results.
Do let us know if these cucumber peel DIY recipes helped you to enhance your beauty by commenting on our Facebook page. Stay tuned to HerZindagi for more such stories.