Ever since Ramanand Sagar's iconic show Ramayan is back on TV, fans sit glued to the television screens with their families when it airs as the show brings back the fond memories from the 80s and 90s.
However, few know about the actor Arvind Trivedi, who played the role of Raavan so well that the star is still remembered for his remarkable performance as Dasrath's son on the iconic show. Playing Raavan in Ramayan was clearly a turning point in his career as he became the household name and everyone started recognizing him as Raavan from the epic Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan.
- Arvind Trivedi starred in 250 films in the early 80s but failed to get any recognition before making it big through Ramayan.
- After gaining huge popularity from the show, the actor starred in a number of television shows and movies such as Vikram Aur Betaal, Desh Re Joya Dada Pardesh Joya, Brahmrishi Vishwamitra, etc.
- In an interview with a leading news portal, Arvind’s granddaughter, Dr. Aneri shared that Trivedi is a devout follower of Lord Ram and every day, before playing the role of Ravan, the veteran actor used to fold his hand and pray to Lord Ram. “We have a huge idol of Lord Ram at our house which Nana has built in our village Idar in Gujarat. He still prays to Lord Ram and Lord Shiva every day and used to seek forgiveness from the Lords every day before he started shooting as Ravan.”
- Earlier, in an interview, Arvind revealed that he went to give an audition for the role of kevat or the boatman, but as soon as the makers of the show saw him, they selected him for the role of Lankesh Naresh. However, he rejected the offer because he was busy doing a show. “When Ramanand Sagar told him that he will be playing Ravan, Nana earlier rejected it because he was committed to the play. But then, it was Paresh Rawal ji himself who convinced Nana that it was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and that he should not give it a miss. He convinced and motivated him to take up the role and only then did he agree to do it", Dr. Aneri was quoted as saying.
- This is the only negative role he has essayed in his lifetime.
- In 1991, Arvind plunged into politics and joined the BJP. He was elected as a Member of Parliament from Sabarkantha constituency and worked till 1996.
- In 2012, Arvind Trivedi was appointed as the acting chairman of the Central Bureau of Film and Certification.
Stay tuned to HerZindagi for the latest updates.