Instant Rava Uttapam Recipe For Breakfast & Snacks
Try this tasty and hassle-free sooji vegetable uttapam for breakfast. Read on!
Rava is a versatile ingredient in our kitchen. We can make recipes using sooji for breakfast, snacks and even the main course. Instant rava vegetable uttapam is a quick recipe for those who love the South Indian version of the dish but do not like the hassle of preparing batter the night before.
Vegetable uttapam using suji or semolina is a healthy dish for kids, adults and elders. It has the goodness of added vegetables without the risks of unsaturated fats found in the oil. You can kickstart your day with this nourishing and healthy recipe. Read on the rava vegetable uttapam recipe in English.
Method Of Preparation
- Take a deep glass bowl.
- Add rava (semolina) and curd in the ratio of 2:1.
- Add salt to taste, finely chopped curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- For a spicy flavour, add red chilli powder or Piri Piri mixture.
- For a twist, you can also add some oregano mix.
- Add water, mix everything and let the batter rest for 10 minutes. Rava will soak the water, and the batter will thicken.
- Before making the uttapam, add water to the batter. Do not make it too runny or too thick.
- Keep the pan on medium flame and grease it with a few drops of oil or butter.
- Add a large scoop of uttapam batter and press it.
- Add chopped ginger, green chillies, finely chopped carrot, chopped onion, corns, chopped tomatoes, peas, chopped cabbage and chopped capsicum. You can add any vegetable of your choice.
- Add a drop of oil and press the vegetables.
- Let the base turn golden brown and crispy.
- Flip the uttapam to cook it on the other side.
- Serve it with coconut chutney, green coriander and mint chutney or tomato and onion chutney.
Nutritious Rava Vegetable Uttapam Recipe Card
This suji uttapam recipe with curd is must-try for breakfast
- Total Time :30 min
- Preparation Time : 20 min
- Cooking Time : 10 min
- Servings : 4
- Cooking Level : Medium
- Course: Breakfast
- Calories: 125
- Cuisine: Indian
- Author: Krati Purwar
- 1 Cup Rava (Semolina)
- Salt To Taste
- 1/2 Cup Curd
- 1 Fine Chopped Green Chilli
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Piri Piri Masala Mix (Optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Oregano Mix (Optional)
- 1 Cup Water
- Chopped Vegetables Of Your Choice
- Oil (As Required)
- 1 Inch Finely Chopped Ginger
- 1 Tablespoon Curry Leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Step 1 :
Take a deep glass bowl.
- Step 2 :
Add rava (semolina) and curd in a ratio of 2:1.
- Step 3 :
Add salt to taste, finely chopped curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- Step 4 :
For a spicy flavour, add red chilli powder or Piri Piri mixture.
- Step 5 :
For a twist, you can also add some oregano mix.
- Step 6 :
Add water, mix everything and let the batter rest for 10 minutes.
- Step 7 :
Before making the uttapam, add water to the batter.