This lovely, rich, creamy, dry fruits loaded, heavenly dessert is synonymous to festivities like that of Eid and to e able to make it at home is an added bonus. But in this recipe, this pudding gets better when we turn it into an ice cream and tha too without an ice cream maker.
How To Make Sheer Khurma Ice Cream
This ice cream recipe needs you to chop up a lot of dry fruits but the catch is that it needs very less vermicelli unlike the pudding.
Sheer Khurma Ice Cream Recipe Card
This is a super easy recipe with a simple twist and uses very less vermicelli (just for flavour)
- Total Time :
- 45 min
- Preparation Time :
- 15 min
- Cooking Time :
- 30 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Kishori Sud
- 500 Ml Full Cream Milk
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- Chopped Dry Fruits Of Your Choice Including Dates
- 1/4 Cup Ghee
- 1/2 Tsp Saffron
- 1/2 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 10-20 Gm Vermicelli
- Step 1
- In a pan, heat the ghee and roast the chopped dry fruits like almonds, dates, pistachios and set aside.
- Step 2
- In the same pan, add some more ghee and roast the vermicelli.
- Step 3
- Take another pan and simmer cook the milk until it becomes a little thick and then add in the sugar and cook again until it lessens by 1/4th the amount.
- Step 4
- Add the vermicelli and dry fruits with the saffron to the milk and mix well.
- Step 5
- Simmer cook a few minutes more and then add the cardamom powder as well.
- Step 6
- Once done, let it cool down in a glass jar and then freeze it.
- Step 7
- After 1-2 hours, when it freezes a bit, take it out and churn in the grinder for a few seconds.
- Step 8
- Freeze it again and repeat the process twice.
- Step 9
- Finally, after freezing and churning 2-3 times, freeze it for 6-8 hours and then serve.
- Step 10
- The ice cream is delicious and you are serving something different as well.