Lemon Rice is a crunchy, aromatic, and tangy dish that is simple to prepare and delicious. The spicy, acidic, and nutty flavour of this steamed rice is enhanced by the addition of lemon juice, fried nuts, aromatic herbs, and spices. The nuts provide crunch to the rice dish, making it the perfect texture. This vegan lemon rice dish will quickly become one of your favourites.
How To Make
- One cup of rice should be rinsed many times before soaking in enough water for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Then drain the soaking rice completely. In a pressure cooker, add the rice. Add a pinch of salt or more salt to it.
- To keep the rice grains separated, cook it 2-3 hours ahead of time.
- In a nonstick pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add 6-8 cashew nuts and 3 tablespoons raw peanuts and stir fry it.
- Place them on a platter.
- In the same pan, add the remaining 1-tablespoon oil. Add 1 teaspoon mustard seeds, a pinch of asafoetida when it begins to crackle. Cook until they are a light golden brown colour.
- After 30 seconds of sautéing, add a teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Serve with steaming rice.
- Add lemon juice, salt, and fried peanuts and cashew nuts.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes after thoroughly mixing. Turn the flame off. Serve it with coriander leaves on top.
Easy Lemon Rice Recipe Recipe Card
Let's take a look at how to make lemon rice in no time!
- Total Time :
- 35 min
- Preparation Time :
- 20 min
- Cooking Time :
- 15 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Main Course
- Kumari Rajnigandha
- Rice - 1 cup
- Water - 2 cups
- Lemon Juice
- Mustard Seeds
- Green Chillies
- Turmeric Powder
- Step 1
- Soak one cup of rice for 20 - 30 mins in water.
- Step 2
- Rinse the rice and then cook it in a pressure cooker.
- Step 3
- Stir fry some cashew nuts and peanuts in a pan and then keep it aside.
- Step 4
- Crackle mustard seeds in the pan. Then add asafoetida and turmeric powder.
- Step 5
- Add steamed rice into the pan and mix it well.
- Step 6
- Then add the stir fried nuts and give it a good mix. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at email@example.com