Our meals are indeed incomplete without pickles. Agree? If you are a pickle fan, you know there is nothing better than having some homemade pickle. They can be enjoyed with just anything, be it regular daal chawal or aloo paranthas. So, today we thought of bringing you easy to make, instant lemon pickle or nimbu ka achaar recipe with you. Read on.
How To Make Instant Lemon Pickle?
- In a big vessel, add 4 cups of water and bring to boil.
- Add in lemons and cover the vessel for 10 minutes.
- Drain the water once the lemons get soft.
- Pat the lemons dry and start chopping into quarter pieces.
- In a pan, add methidana, mustard seeds and dry roast till they turn aromatic.
- Blend into a fine powder.
- Sprinkle this poweder over chopped lemons.
- Next add red chilli powder, salt and turmeric powder. Mix all the ingredients well.
- In a pan, add some oil, mustard seeds and asafoetida.
- Let the seeds splutter and then cool.
- Pour this tempering over the pickle and mix all the ingredients well.
- Transfer the pickle to a glass container and refrigerate. This lemon pickle can be used for 2 weeks.
Instant Lemon Pickle Recipe Card
This instant lemon pickle tastes great with parathas and rice combos.
- Total Time :
- 30 min
- Preparation Time :
- 5 min
- Cooking Time :
- 25 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Tanya Malik
- 10 Lemons
- 2-3 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 Tsp Methidana Or Fenugreek Seeds
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Hing Or Asafoetida
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 4 Cups Water
- Step 1
- In a vessel add water and boil. Drop in lemons and cover until lemons turn soft.
- Step 2
- Take off flame and pat dry. Cut lemons into quarter pieces.
- Step 3
- In a pan, dry roast, 2 tsp mustard seeds, methidana till they turn aromatic. Blend into a fine powder. Sprinkle mix over boiled lemons.
- Step 4
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric and salt. Mix well.
- Step 5
- In a pan, add oil, hing and 1 tsp mustard seeds. Mix well.
- Step 6
- Pour over pickle and mix well. Transfer to a container and place in a refrigerator. Enjoy lemon pickle with parathas and rice.