Guests arriving at your place without prior notice? This can be quite annoying as you just go blank on what you can prepare to treat them well. And in the end it always turns out to be a paneer sabzi with roti. But what if we told you, that you can prepare naan without the yeast? Well if you are excited then read on for more.
- In a large bowl take some milk and add vinegar to it. Then after 10 minutes add salt, sugar and baking powder, and baking soda along with a teaspoon of oil.
- Wait for another 10 minutes and add the flour to this. Then grease your hands with oil and knead into a dough.
- Afterward, cover the dough with a damp cloth and leave it for an hour or two. Then divide the dough into 6 parts and wait for 5 minutes.
- Melt some butter and add chopped cilantro in the meanwhile.
- Take the dough and roll it into oval-shaped disks. Then in a skillet on medium heat cook the naan for 40 seconds till bubbles rise. Repeat for both sides.
- Then brush the butter cilantro mixture and serve!
No Yeast Naan Recipe Card
Here's an easy recipe to prepare delicious, soft and fluffy no yeast naan at home.
- Total Time :
- 90 min
- Preparation Time :
- 70 min
- Cooking Time :
- 20 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Poornima Pandey
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 ateaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoons Oil Divided
- 1 Tablespoon White Vinegar
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1.5 Tablespoons Chopped Cilantro
- Step 1
- Mix vinegar and milk in a bowl and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Step 2
- Then add sugar, salt, baking soda baking powder and oil and wait for another 10 minutes.
- Step 3
- Knead to a dough and roll into oval disks before cooking over skillet.
- Step 4
- Brush with butter and serve.