Yummy soft and tasty paranthas are one of the best parts about breakfast. Since it's winter now, a hot steamy plate of yummy stuffed paranthas with dahi (curd) and pickles on the side is paradise.
Dal paranthas are some of the healthiest and heartiest paranthas given how protein rich they are. It is a tasty and easy lunchbox meal which you can pack for a trip, your kids or just make it for a hearty and healthy breakfast.
If you are new to cooking or just want to learn how to make yummy dal paranthas then follow this guide for the perfect dal paranthas!
How To Make Dal Paratha Stuffing
- Wash and soak moong daal in water for 20 minutes and then drain it.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin, fennel, and chopped green chilies.
- When it becomes golden add turmeric and then add soaked daal.
- Stir fry for few seconds and then add chili powder, ginger, and to taste salt.
- Add 2 cup water, let it boil. When it starts boiling lower the flame, cover and cook till done.
- It should be soft and a little moist, you can always add more water if needed.
- Then add mango powder,garam masala or you can add 1 t.s lemon juice in replacement of mango powder and chopped mint or coriander.
- Mix well and take out in a plate.
- Let the mixture cool down completely before using it.
Old Grandma Tips To Make Dal Paratha Perfect
- A quick tip for dal parantha is that you can always use dal leftovers and repurpose it by kneading into the dough or using it as stuffing instead of making a new one.
- Knead the dough for long to get a soft and smooth texture.
- While filling make sure to fill it in nicely and make sure it has no spillage or else the paranthas will break while cooking.
- How To Knead Dal Paratha Dough
- Take whole wheat flour in a big bowl, add salt and some oil to it.
- Add water to the flour and knead it; keep adding small amounts of water while kneading the dough to make it soft and smooth.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 10-15 mins.
Special Ingredients For Dal Paratha
- Yellow Lentil / Moong Daal (washed huee)
- Fresh Mint
- Cumin Seeds / Jeera
- Fennel Seeds / Saunf
- Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- Garam Masala Powder
How To Make Dal Paratha
- 1 cup Yellow Lentil / Moong Dal (washed)
- 3 Green chilies
- 3 tbsp Fresh Mint
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1.5 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1.5 tsp Mango Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Take a lemon sized ball from the dough and flatten it a little.
- Take your stuffing and stuff it with an equal amount of filling and seal it properly using your fingers.
- Roll into a medium thick paratha.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten the paratha.
- On a non-stick pan, spread some ghee and place the paratha.
- Toast on both sides till golden and brown.
- Take off flame and top with some butter. Serve with curd and pickles.
Let's hope these tips helped you. For more recipes and articles like this stay tuned to HerZindagi.