Planning for a last minute Diwali party and worrying over the preparations? Fret not because we are here to take off some tension from your mind with an easy and quick recipe of suji barfi. Prepare this delicious sweet and trust me, all your guests will love it.
- Roast suji and ghee in a pan. Add sugar and roast for a while.
- Add water to it and cardamom powder while stirring it well.
- Cook it until the sides don't stick to the pan.
- Now, set the mixture in a rectangular plate and let it cool down.
- The, cut it into pieces and garnish.
Suji Barfi Recipe Card
Try this delicious recipe of suji barfi for your Diwali party.
- Total Time :
- 30 min
- Preparation Time :
- 1 min
- Cooking Time :
- 30 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Bhavishya Bir
- 1 Cup Suji
- 3/4 Cup Ghee
- 1 1/4 Cup Sugar Or Jaggery
- 3 Cups Hot Water
- Cardamom Powder
- Almonds For Dressing
- Step 1
- Take a pan and add ghee and suji.
- Step 2
- Roast the suji on a slow flame till it turns light brown.
- Step 3
- Add sugar/jaggery and continue to roast it for two minutes.
- Step 4
- Add water to the suji mixture until it starts to thicken.
- Step 5
- Now, add half cup of cardamom powder and keep stirring.
- Step 6
- Cook it until the mixture stops sticking to the sides.
- Step 7
- Now, take the mixture and set it down on a rectangular plate. Let it cool down.
- Step 8
- Then, cut it into pieces and garnish.