Jeera Aloo is a classic Indian side dish that combines potatoes with cumin seeds! Easy to make in minutes, it pairs perfectly with paratha. This Jeera Aloo is made using only a few ingredients. Potato recipes are loved by one and all. Potatoes are one vegetable that even the kids love. So what are we waiting for! Let's learn how to make aloo jeera in easy steps.
How To Make
- Boil the potatoes in a pressure cooker for 10 minutes.
- After the potatoes are boiled, peel them and cut them into cubes.
- Heat the pan in medium flame and then add two tablespoons of oil in the pan.
- When the oil is heated, add the cumin seeds and allow them to sizzle. Reduce the heat immediately so that the cumin seeds do not burn.
- Then, for a few seconds, add the crushed coriander seeds and hing (if using) and continue to sauté.
- Toss the cooked and diced potatoes in the pan with the seasonings.
- Mix in the turmeric, red chilli powder, and salt. Toss the potatoes with all of the seasonings.
- Allow the potatoes to cook for 2–3 minutes over medium heat.
- To end, squeeze in some fresh lemon juice.
Aloo Jeera Recipe Card
Try it as a nutritious and filling lunch or as a complement to your favourite dinner dishes!
- Total Time :
- 25 min
- Preparation Time :
- 15 min
- Cooking Time :
- 10 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Main Course
- Kumari Rajnigandha
- 3 medium potatoes 600 grams
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1.5 teaspoon coriander seeds crushed
- generous pinch hing (asafoetida)
- 2 green chilies chopped
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder or adjust to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- half lemon juice
- Step 1
- Cook the potatoes in a pressure cooker for 10 minutes.
- Step 2
- Then, peel off the skin of the boiled potatoes, cut them into cubes and set them aside.
- Step 3
- Heat oil in a pan and then add cumin seeds into the pan as soon as the oil is hot.
- Step 4
- Let cumin seeds splutter for 10 seconds and then add green chillies and hing. Saute this seasoning for 40 seconds.
- Step 5
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and coriander powder into the pan.
- Step 6
- Then add the boiled potatoes into the pan and toss it well.
- Step 7
- Lastly, squeeze a fresh lemon into the pan and garnish it with fresh coriander leaves.
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org