As we get closer to the end of 2022, the festive season beholds us. December brings all our loved ones together, as we share special moments full of laughter and fun. So, if you are looking for yummy recipes to prepare for Christmas dinner as you host your family and friends, do not fret, we have the perfect list of meals for you.
Cheesy Quinoa Nachos
- 1 packet- Cornitos Quinoa Nachos
- 60 gm- Cornitos Sliced Jalapenos
- 100 gm- Cornitos Cheesy Jalapeno Dip
- 100 gm- Onion juliennes
- 60 gm- Boiled sweet corn
- 60 gm- Diced tomatoes
- 100 gm- Mozzarella cheese
- Seasoning to taste
- Arrange the nachos on a ceramic plate, overlapping one another.
- Dip the nachos with the cheesy jalapeno dip.
- Top the nachos with vegetables and sliced jalapenos.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and seasoning as per taste.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for two minutes, till the cheese melts.
- Remove from the oven and serve with dipping sauce.
(Recipe courtesy: Cornitos)
Don't miss: 7 Secret Santa Gift Ideas From Amazon Under ₹1000
- 900-1200 gm- Chicken Broiler
- 200 gm- Chicken mince
- 200 gm- Spinach
- 15 gm- Garlic
- 80 gm- Ricotta cheese
- 40 gm- Broccoli
- 30 gm- Red capsicum
- 2-3 gm- Babycorn
- 60 gm- Green and yellow courgettes
- 30 gm- Asparagus
- Salt to taste
- 15 gm- Black pepper
- 30 ml- Olive oil
- For garnish- Micro herbs and flowers
- Debone a chicken with the skin intact and hammer with a meat mallet.
- Keep the chicken aside after seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Saute spinach and garlic. Let it cool and add ricotta cheese and chicken mince.
- Add the mixture on the flattened chicken and roll tightly with the aid of a cling wrap. Chill it in the fridge. Poach it for 25 minutes in hot simmering water. Chill it again to help it retain its shape.
- Once chilled, unwrap and sear it on high heat and cook in the oven.
- Blanch and saute the veggies and serve it with the galantine.
- Use micro herbs and flowers to garnish.
(Recipe courtesy: Chef Sundar, Fairmont Jaipur)
Don't miss: How To Make Christmas Special Eggless Gingerbread Cookie
The Christmas Roasted Turkey Recipe
- 5 kg turkey, preferably organic
- Olive oil
- Herbs such as rosemary and thyme
- Sea salt
- Freshly grounded black pepper
- 1 clementine, halved
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- For the stuffing- olive oil, 2 onions peeled and chopped, sea salt, black pepper, ½ tsp ground nutmeg, fresh sage chopped, 300 g chicken mince, 1 handful bread and bread crumbs
- Take your turkey outside the fridge, one hour before cooking. Give it a rinse and pat dry. Drizzle the meat with olive oil, salt and pepper, and rub in seasoning.
- Preheat your oven and then get started with your stuffing. Pour olive oil on a large pan on medium heat, and fry chopped onions on it for about 10 minutes. Add salt, pepper, ground nutmeg and chopped sage leaves. Continue to fry and stir for another minute.
- Take the mixture in a large bowl and let it cool. Once cooled, add the chicken mince and bread crumbs. Scrunch everything together. Once it is mixed really well, bring the stuffing together in a ball, then cover and chill till you are ready to stuff your turkey.
- Pull the skin at the neck-end back of the turkey and push your stuffing inside. Don’t pack it too much. Once done, pull and fold the skin over the opening and tuck it under the bird. Turn the turkey around and drop a few pieces of stuffing into the larger cavity along with the clementines and rosemary. Place your chopped veggies at the bottom of a roasting pan and put the turkey on top. Cover the turkey with tin foil and put it in the oven at 350°F. Cook for 35 to 40 minutes per kilo.
- Check your turkey every 20 minutes, keep it from drying out by basting it with the juices of the pan. After two and a half hours, remove the foil so the skin gets golden and crispy.
- When the time is up, take your turkey out of the oven and stick a small sharp knife into the fattest part of the thigh. If the juices run clear and the meat pulls apart easily, it is ready. If not, put the turkey back in the oven. When you’re clear that it is cooked, rest the turkey for an hour or more for bigger birds. Meanwhile, get your veggies and gravy ready.
(Recipe courtesy: Rupesh Khandekar, Chef de Cuisine, Hotel Sahara Star)