On a cold day, nothing can warm you up like a cup of hot chocolate. With today's recipe, we are going to give your regular hot chocolate a delicious twist by adding a coconut flavour to it. Anyone who enjoys coconut will love having this hot beverage on a chilly day.
The coconut adds to the creamy texture of the chocolate. The rich taste of the beverage will surely make your day. The best part about preparing hot chocolate at home is that you can make it exactly how you like it. Add more cream to it, top with whipped cream, make it sugar-free if you like it that way. At home, it is easier to get your kinda taste.
This is an easy recipe and you will love enjoying it on a cold evening. Read on.
Coconut Hot Chocolate Recipe Card
- Total Time :
- 20 min
- Preparation Time :
- 10 min
- Cooking Time :
- 10 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Tanya Malik
- 3 cans coconut milk
- 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk
- Chopped dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp coconut extract 1/4 tsp salt
- Whipped Cream for garnish Dessicated coconut for garnishing
- Step 1
- In a pan, add coconut milk, condensed milk, chopped dark chocolate and cocoa powder. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Step 2
- Now add vanilla extract, salt and 2 tsp whole milk. Whisk well.
- Step 3
- Make sure you mix well to combine all the ingredients.
- Step 4
- Keep stirring to get a thick creamy consistency.
- Step 5
- As the chocolate melts, take off flame and serve in mugs.
- Step 6
- Top with whipped cream and dessicated coconut.