Made with butter milk and gram flour this authentic Indian snack hailing from the lands of Gujarat is one that you must try. Rolled into thin layers and made with a distinct and unique flavour, Khandvi can add life to your teatime. Check out this easy recipe.
- In a bowl take the gram flour and add garlic chilli paste, turmeric and salt. Then add the buttermilk to this mixture and whisk for a flowing consistency.
- Place the bowl with the mixture inside the pressure cooker and cook up to 3 whistles. Once the cooker releases the pressure, take out the bowl and mix the contents using a spoon.
- Spread this mixture on the back of a steel plate and allow it to cool for 10 minutes. Take a knife and slide it across the spread at a distance of 2 inches. And then roll them without cracks tightly.
- Garnish the khandvi with coconut and coriander.
- Prepare the tempering by frying sesame seeds, mustard seeds, dried red chili, and hing in a pan and then splatter it over the khandvi to enjoy at teatime.
Khandvi Recipe Card
Prepared with a delicate and thin sheet of gram flour, spices and buttermilk that serves just the right snack for your tea time, khandvi is just the snack you need.
- Total Time :
- 25 min
- Preparation Time :
- 10 min
- Cooking Time :
- 15 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Poornima Pandey
- 2 Cups Gram Flour
- 2 Tablespoon Ginger - Chili Paste
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric
- Salt To Taste
- 4 Cups Buttermilk
- 8 Tablespoons Coconut
- 8 Tablespoons Coriander Leaves
- 6 Teaspoon Oil
- 2 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 2 Teaspoons Sesame Seeds
- 4 Dried Red Chili
- Curry Leaves
- 2 Pinches Asafoetida
- Step 1
- Take a bowl and add gram flour, garlic chili paste, turmeric, salt and buttermilk to it.
- Step 2
- Whisk to form a flowy consistency and then keep the bowl inside pressure cooker to cook.
- Step 3
- Take out the mixture from cooker after 3 whistles and spread over a plate.
- Step 4
- Let it cool for 10 minutes and then cut 2 inches slices to form tight rolls.
- Step 5
- After this garnish the khandvi and pour tempering over it to serve.
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org