Winter is one of the most fashionable seasons, as we can experiment with various colours, fabrics and ensemble. It is all about mixing and layering to bring a unique and classy look. Besides all other kinds of fabrics, leather remains the biggest hit.
We know, leather pieces are delicate and may lose their shine and glow with time. But if you take good care of your leather pieces, such as boots, bags, jacket, belt, etc, you may maintain its glory for the longest of time. While the quality of material also matters, pampering and bestowing love upon it can go a long way.
If you are wondering how to take care of your leather pieces, we are here to help. Try out these tips and make them look new forever!
Winter fashion cannot be considered complete without a great pair of leather boots. But since they go through a lot of wear and tear, these especially need good care. Here’s what you can do to keep your pair of boots from scratch, or getting destroyed.
- The first step is to clean it with a soft cotton cloth, or a microfiber cloth.
- Once done, move on to moisturising your boots. You can either invest in a shoe shiner or simply use petroleum jelly to do the same. This will help you to repair all those stains and abrasion.
- You can also add rubber sole, to not damage the existing one. This will also give more durability to your shoes.
Leather belts are not just a winter fashion staple, but also essential for the summers. It can accentuate your curve and can glam up any of your looks. To take care of your leather belt, follow these steps:
- Don’t just leave it tangled with your clothes, instead give it a separate space. Hang it on a hanger to avoid folds and tear.
- Invest in a leather conditioner, it will maintain the shine of your leather belt.
- Don’t ever wash it, instead use a wet tissue to just clean it, before applying conditioner.
No matter if you are wearing a body con dress or skin fitted jeans, a simple leather jacket can make you look uber-chic. To maintain its quality and shine, here’s what you need to do:
- Make sure that you don’t leave your leather jacket at some moist or damp place.
- Also, don’t leave it tangles between your other clothes. It is best to hang it in a separate hanger.
- Don’t wash it in your washing machine. Either give it to an expert or simply clean its upper layer using a leather conditioner.
This again is an evergreen piece that assists you in exuding glamour throughout the year. If you use your leather bag on a daily basis, this follow these steps to take good care of it!
- Always hold your bags with clean hands. Food residues can damage its upper layer.
- Don’t wash it, just clean it with baby wipes or leather conditioner.
- To remove stains, use a microfiber cloth. Damp it in a mild soap solution and gently rub using the same.
- Always keep your leather bag at a place where dust is not likely to deposit on it.
Not many use the leather gloves, but if you are a fan of chic fashion, it is a must-have leather piece in your collection. To make it last long, here’s what you need to do!
- If while eating or doing some other activity, your gloves have become wet, don’t blow dry it. Let it dry naturally.
- Once done, use a soft tissue paper to clean it.
- Don’t rub or clean it regularly, it is will steal away its shine. Just once a month using mild soap (DIY soap) and microfiber cloth.
If you liked this article, do comment on our Facebook page. Stay tuned to HerZindagi to read more such stories.
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at email@example.com