Shraddha Kapoor is notable for a slew of things like being a marvellous dancer, having goofy sense of humour, singing like a bird, and being a total trend setter when it comes to edgy hairstyles. Seriously, the actress can pull of any look! Among all her amazing coiffures, a few with ironic vibes that she sported in some of her films, made fashionistas sit up and take notes.
Of course, the actress, known for her style and fashionable appearances pulled off the uber-chic looks effortlessly. If you also want to learn these and make others to go green with envy check out the step-by-step tutorial.
Side French Braid
The 33-year-old star is looking spectacular in this semi-traditional avatar. While she is exuding boho vibes, we love how her hairdo seems so traditional, something that can be sported with long skirts, ethnic jackets, and other indo-western outfits.
- Start by detangling your mane. Then part it from the right side.
- From your hairline, part a section of hair. Divide the hair strand into three equal sub-sections.
- Now you have to make a upside down French braid. Cross the right sub-section under the middle and cross the left sub-section also under the middle starnd.
- After making the first stitch, add a small section of hair to the right sub-section and cross under the middle section. Also, add another hair strand to left sub-section and cross under the middle one.
- Repeat the same to make another stitch. Keep doing this, until you reach the nape of your neck.
- Now bring all the remaining hair at the back of your right ear, continue making a normal braid.
- Once done, pull the edges to make it look bigger. But, do not give it a messy look, as this coiffure is neat and edgy.
- Tie the end of the braid with a clear elastic band. Take a small hair strand and wrap it around the elastic band to finish of the look.
Twin Dutch Braid Ponytail
Remember Shraddha donning this amazing ponytail hairstyle in her film Half Girlfriend? Of course, we all do! After all her hairdo from that movie made headlines. This one in particular is our favourite. Here’s how you can also make it.
- Start by parting your hair from the center. Take your tail comb, make a zigzag line in the middle.
- Carefully comb your hair, while trying to maintain the pattern in the middle.
- From the temple of your head, part two strands from both the sides.
- Start working on the first one. Divide it into three sub-sections. Take the left section, cross it over the middle one. Now, take the right section and cross it over the middle one as well.
- From the second or third stitch, start adding more hair into our braid.
- Make more stitches, following the exact same process. Try keeping the stitches small and tight while doing so.
- Stop once you reach the crown section. Secure it with clear elastic. Slightly pull the edges to make each stitch look like a mini heart.
- Now, do the same thing on the right side. Once you complete both the braids gather all the hair at the back.
- Make a high ponytail by combing and lifting your mane from the neck. Tie your tail with a strong elastic band.
- Wrap it with a thin hair strand and tuck it in the band.
This hairstyle became almost every girl’s go-to hairdo as soon as Half Girlfriend hit the theatres. And, we say why not? After all, this hairstyle is sleek, and smart.
- Detangle your hair and divide it into two equal sections.
- Divide a hair strand from both of the sections. Start working on the right one.
- Make three equal sub-sections of the hair strand and start making your pigtail braid.
- Cross the first section under the middle section rather than going over it. And then, bring the left strand under the middle one.
- Continue this process, and keep making more stitches. Also, keep pulling in more hair from the sides.
- Once you have come to the end of the braid, tie it with a hair tie or clear elastic.
- Repeat the exact same process on the other side and you are good to go.
If you wish to know more trendy hairstyles, stay tuned to HerZindagi.