What was a little-known ingredient some years back has now found its way into numerous skincare products. Propolis skincare products are now trending for all the good reasons as it offers a plethora of skin benefits that you cannot ignore. And skin enthusiasts all over are gushing at this skin ingredient that comes with a major punch of skin healing elements.
Touted as a great remedy for acne sufferers because of its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, it is also known to bring much relief in wound healing. It also works as a great antioxidant that protects our skin from environmental aggressors and is loved for its moisturising effect. Dabble your skin in propolis and find your skin soaking up the moisture. Its lightweight feel is sure to keep you hooked for a long time to come.
What is propolis aka bee propolis?
A natural compound produced by bees, propolis is used to strengthen beehives and works as its defence mechanism. When used in skincare essentials, it delivers a host of antibacterial, anti-fungal, antiviral and anti-inflammatory benefits. So, the ingredient can be used to target several skin concerns ranging from acne to dull skin and boost collagen production too.
What are the skincare benefits of propolis?
- Smoothing and softening: Since propolis has such powerful healing properties, it works quickly to regenerate skin and also help in making th skin texture smoother and suppler.
- Moisturising: Yes, it even hydrates skin without a creamy, heavy residue.
- Soothing: Because of the healing abilities, propolis is great for sunburns; it may soothe and help to speed up the recovery process.
Here is a round up of the pros and cons of using propolis in your skincare routine.
Don't Miss:Easy-Peasy Charcoal Mask You Can DIY At Home
- It is a powerful antioxidant that can help protect your skin from damage caused by free radicals.
- Propolis for skin has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce the appearance of redness, swelling, and other inflammatory skin conditions.
- Helps to heal wounds and other skin injuries.
- One of the best bee propolis benefits for skin is that it has antimicrobial properties that can help protect your skin from infections.
- Propolis can help moisturize your skin and keep it looking healthy.
Don't Miss: Try This 10 Step J - Beauty Skincare Routine To Get Flawless Glass Skin
- Propolis can cause allergic reactions in some people.
- Since it is an animal by-product, it is not vegan.