Oil secretions and sweat are synonymous with hot and humid weather. This attracts more dirt and pollutants and can lead to pimples and rashes. If you have acne then your condition tends to worsen. But by making small changes in your diet and lifestyle, you can make things better. Eruptive conditions of the skin can be due to a congested system. So here are some tips and remedies that will help you out.
Have a lot of water and healthy fluids which can help in cleansing your body of toxins. Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water daily. You can add the juice of a lemon to a glass of water and have it empty stomach in the morning.
- Include raw salads, fresh fruits, sprouts, curd, and whole grains in your daily diet and avoid too spicy, oily, or heavy meals.
- Steer clear of fried foods.
- Have curd and honey or fresh fruits instead of rich desserts.
Make sure you exercise and make it a part of your daily routine. This helps in improving blood circulation and oxygenates the body. Yoga would be good during the hot and humid season as that can be practiced at your own comfortable speed. Rinse your face well after exercise to get rid of the impurities which ooze out with the sweat. If you do not do so, this can clog your skin. The best is to take a proper shower after working out.
Do carry wet tissues with you when you are out of your house. Wipe your sweat and refresh your skin. Follow a skincare routine in the morning or evening with a mild cleanser, or face wash. Your face wash must-have ingredients like neem, tulsi, sandalwood, eucalyptus, etc. These ingredients are great for preventing acne conditions. Rinse your face several times with cold water.
- Wear cotton clothes as they help your body breathe by soaking in the sweat. Wear a hairband or a hair tie to keep the hair off the face and back. Oily hair can lead to small pimples on the back and face, and your cheeks or forehead land up having rashes.
- Opt for makeup that is light, avoid creamy foundations and heavy make-up in the hot and humid season.
- Apply an astringent lotion with some cotton and then reach out for a foundation. You can also a drop of water to it for lighter coverage.
- Avoid oily products and moisturises.
Home Remedies For Clear Skin
- For oily and problem skin, you can use an astringent after cleansing. Rosewater and lemon juice have an astringent effect.
- You can also try grated cucumber or cucumber juice directly on the skin. Keep it on for 15 to 20 minutes and wash it off.
- For pimple-prone skin, mix 1 one vinegar with 4 parts water. Apply this mixture on the face after washing your face. This helps in restoring the normal acid-alkaline balance of the skin. Simmer a handful of neem leaves in 5 cups of water on a very low fire and let it be overnight. In the morning, strain and wash face with water. Apply neem leaves paste on the pimples.
- Mix multani mitti or Fuller’s Earth with rose water by making a paste with them. Wash it off when it dries. This pack is excellent for clarifying the skin.
- You can also apply sandalwood paste on the rashes, pimples, or acne.
- Another remedy is to mix sandalwood with a little rose water and apply to the entire face. Wash off with plain water after 20 to 30 minutes.
- Never pick or squeeze acne, pimples or blackheads.
- Keep your hair away from the face.
- In warm and humid weather, you can wash your face with plain water as well.
Take care of your skin and stay tuned to HerZindagi for more on skincare and beauty tips by world-renowned expert Shahnaz Husain.