• हिन्दी | தமிழ்
  • Login
  • Search
  • Close
    Looking For Something?

8 Valid Excuses Not To Wear Sunscreen

 Is sunscreen really important? Should you wear it regularly? Let’s dive in!
Published -11 Oct 2021, 16:54 ISTUpdated -11 Oct 2021, 17:06 IST
Main ()

Sunscreen is a part of the daily skin routine for many men and women across the world, but is it really necessary? Everybody is in dilemma and wants answers to many questions regarding the same. Most doctors recommend wearing sunscreen for the most part of the day.

Applying sunscreen can be a part of your beauty regime, indeed but we have some valid reasons you may choose not to. Let’s look into them as we go further. 

Excuse #1 Makes The Skin Oily/Greasy

The greasing of the skin generally happens when you tend to use the wrong type of sunscreen (Finding A Sunscreen For Your Skin Type?). The glands on your face secrete oil that is not protected completely by the type of sunscreen you’ve applied to the face, thus the oily surface. There are many types of sunscreens that are non-sticky, non-greasy, leave no white cast, and dry up quickly. 

why sunscreen

Excuse #2 Acne Breakout 

Applying sunscreen is not the task, but picking the right one is. Heavy, oily sunscreens can block the pores and cause acne. Acne is very irritable and takes a lot of time to heal with proper medication under supervision. If you have an oily skin type, it’s better to opt for a lightweight, oil-free sunscreen. 

Read More- Use These 5 Natural Ingredients As Your Everyday Sunscreen

Excuse #3 Cloudy Weather 

Clouds or windows don’t block the majority of harmful UV rays that cause premature aging. Cloudy weather doesn’t always mean that you skip on sunscreen. The excuse is valid but it’s not true. For the eye, surely the sunscreen doesn’t work with windows closed, but the body is still surrounded by the harmful UV rays of the sun. 

Excuse #4 The Body Needs Vitamin D From The Sun 

Sunscreens absorb only 93% to 98% of the UV rays and the remaining 7-2% is more than enough to synthesize Vitamin D. The amount absorbed by the body even after the sunscreen application (Applying Sunscreen? Don't Forget These 6 Spots!) is quite a good amount of vitamin D for the functioning of the body. 


Excuse #5 The Dark Skin Gives Me Protection 

Dark skin does offer more natural protection to the skin and the body, the harmful UV rays of the sun have harmful effects on all types of skin. This is one of the reasons why one should consider using sunscreen if you don’t already. 

Excuse #6 I Have Covered My Face With A Cloth

A piece of clothing or a mask for that fact doesn’t provide the SPF your body actually requires to fight off the harmful rays of the sun. A sunscreen, at a minimum, has an SPF of 30. 

Read More- DIY Homemade Sunscreens Variants For Different Skin Types

Excuse #7 It Has Chemicals That Causes Cancer 

There is no scientific study that proves cancer is caused by the application of sunscreen. In reality, not applying sunscreen can actually increase the risk of you getting skin cancer. 

inside  ()

Excuse #8 It’s Too Expensive 

Sunscreen is considered to be the most crucial step in the skincare routine. The cost shouldn’t stop you from using it. You should go for a sunscreen that is for your skin type. 

Sunscreen is something you will need, and no possible excuse will ever justify why you should not wear one. What’s your reason for not wearing sunscreen? Let us know on our official Instagram page. Stay tuned to HerZindagi for more!


Download HerZindagi App for seamless experience

Her Zindagi

Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at compliant_gro@jagrannewmedia.com