Revive dull hair with split ends or too much frizz by making the most of pumpkin and some more ingredients. These are fun to make hair masks, serums, oils and mists which not only deeply condition your hair but also help make the hair growth process faster and better. Your hair quality improves a lot over a period of time as all these hair treatments have the goodness of some amazing natural spices, oils and more. So let's dig into these fun to make DIY hair masks.
Pumpkin Deep Conditioner
With the goodness of pumpkin, we will add in some oats which is very good if you are looking at something that deep conditions your hair.
You Will Need
- 50 grams pumpkin pulp
- 1 tsp oatmeal powder
- 50 ml coconut oil
- 50 gms shea butter
- 20 ml olive oil
How To Make
- This mask smells really amazing and is excellent for strengthening weak hair.
- Mix the shea butter, coconut oil and pulp together.
- Add the oatmeal powder which will give the mask its fluffiness and a good consistency to apply on the hair.
- Although you have mixed it in the bowl, but if you do not get the right consistency then bend them in a blender like a smoothie.
- Use immediately or refrigerate it as it can last for upto 5 days.
Pumpkin Hot Oil Treatment
This hot oil treatment will also require some coconut as we want to make full use of its conditioning properties and reap benefits of pumpkin which is rich in vitamins and nutrients. The combination is just perfect and easy to make as well.
All you need to do is heat together the coconut and pumpkin oil taking equal quantity depending upon the length of your hair. Heat on low flame for a few seconds and then let it cool enough so that you can touch it. Apply it on wet hair from roots to the tips and then wrap your head with a hot towel. Sit for 20 minutes, you could also apply a green tea face mask and then rinse both the hair and face.
Pumpkin Oil Hair Mist
Revive tired and dull hair by spritzing your homemade pumpkin oil hair mist. This is good for giving your hair that touch of vitamins daily. Just add 50 gms of pumpkin seed oil and some distilled water in a spray bottle. Shake well before every use or you could also add a tablespoon of coconut oil to emulsify the content.
Pumpkin Spice Hair Mask
This hair mask is a little different from your average hair masks as it uses the goodness of not just pumpkin but also that of honey and nutmeg! The spicy touch gives the scalp an anti-inflammatory “environment” which lets the hair grow properly. However, if you have curly hair, stay away from it. This is best for oily scalp.
You Will Need
- 40 gms pumpkin pulp
- 15 gms honey
- 1 tbsp nutmeg oil or powder
- 15 ml filtered water
- Vanilla essential oil for the fragrance
How To Make It
- Take a cup with some boiled water and honey and let it cool.
- Blend together the pumpkin and nutmeg.
- Once the honey has cooled, put it into the pumpkin mixture and add 5 drops of the vanilla oil.
- Apply the mask on your hair while it is wet and let it do its job for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and then shampoo and condition with organic products.
Pumpkin Hair Serum
If you have damaged hair and dead split ends, this serum may become your holy grail. Just mix together pumpkin seed oil and apricot seed oil in 1:2 ratio. Spray some water on your mane and then smooth it down with the serum which you will realise is very light. Do this once a week when you are just at home.
For more such detox masks and treatments, stay tuned to HerZindagi.