It is quite difficult to imagine our day without a good fragrance during this hot and humid season. A good soothing fragrance that keeps us fresh and active all day long is what we really need in the hot summers.
While there are a range of perfumes, deodorants, roll-ons, and mists available in the market, you might not find them to your liking. In that case, you can make your own fragrance at home using natural ingredients.
Among all, body mists are much loved because they are mild and refreshing, lighter as compared to those heavy perfume fragrances which might end up giving you a headache.
For summers, most of us like to pick lighter, fresher fragrances. Though body mists don't usually last for more than 2-3 hours, they are super light to use and easy to carry. One can spritz a body mist several times a day to feel fresh.
So, we thought of bringing you an easy body mist recipe that you can prepare using just 2 ingredients. In this body mist recipe, we will be using rose as the key fragrance. Depending on your choice of fragrance, you can replace the two ingredients.
How To Make Body Mist At Home Using 2 Ingredients?
Ingredients Required -
- Rose Essential Oil
- Rose Petals (Optional)
- In a bowl, add water. Body mists are prepared using 80 percent water.
- You can add some fresh rose petals to the water and let them soak in for about 1-2 hours. This step is optional.
- Next, add 40 drops of rose essential oil. Rose essential oil is easily available in the market. You can also pick another fragrance of your choice to prepare a body mist of your liking.
- Mix both the ingredients well.
- In a spray bottle, transfer the body mist.
- Close the cap and shake the ingredients well.
- Place your body mist in the fridge for a few minutes and it is ready to use.
Things To Remember -
- This body mist doesn't have alcohol present in it which is why it will take some time to dry on the skin.
- If you are using rose on your skin for the first time, make sure you do a patch test of the body mist on your hand first to check for any allergies.
- Spritz the body mist after having a bath. It should last for about 2-3 hours.
Benefits Of Using Homemade Body Mists
- Fragrances available in the market are packed with alcohol for quick absorption into the skin. Alcohol isn't very skin-friendly for some. In such a case, homemade body mists come to the rescue.
- The fragrance of your perfume or deodorant will fade as the day comes to an end, leaving you dull and uneasy. However, with a body mist, you have your saviour handy all through the day. Just one spritz and you instantly feel energetic with the natural fragrances.
- Body mists are just perfect for anyone who doesn't enjoy strong fragrances. This homemade body mist is quite soothing and mild.
- As compared to the perfumes and deodorants available in the market, this homemade body mist turns out to be a cheaper alternative. This body mist will be ready in less than INR 200 at home which makes it quite cheap.
- If you make your body mist at home, you can customise it the way you like. Most fragrances available in the market are a mix of different ingredients. You might like some and not enjoy the others. At home, you can use any essential oil of your choice and have your kind of fragrance ready.
We hope you enjoy making your personalised body mist at home with this easy recipe. For more such stories, stay tuned!
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at email@example.com