The trend of using bamboo blinds and grass blinds is back and how! People are now going back to the roots and switching to eco-friendly and all-natural materials for not just their clothes but home decor as well. Synthetic blinds and plastic alternatives are slowly taking a backseat. When we invest in them, the only catch is that of maintenance and cleaning. How do you clean bamboo blinds without destroying them? Don't worry, we have listed ways and tips to clean bamboo blinds at home.
Bamboo blinds tend to collect dust over time and if the atmosphere has a lot of moisture, they tend to become moldy. To clean them, follow these steps.
Dusting The Blinds
You first must dust your bamboo blinds with the help of a feather duster or any soft cloth. Clean between all blind slats.
Using a special attachment that you get with a vacuum cleaner, work on the blinds as that helps in the prevention of scratches. Get rid of the cobwebs and dust in the crevices.
How Many Times Should You Clean The Blinds
Do this every 4 to 5 days.
Washing The Blinds
- Fill your bathtub or a big washtub with warm to hot water and immerse the blinds until covered.
- Now, add a mild soap-free of oils that is safe for the wood.
- You can also add white vinegar. Use 250 ml white vinegar to 4 liters of water.
- Place the blinds in the mixture.
Don't Miss: Buy The Right Chopping Board With These Tips
- You can clean one panel at a time.
- Soak them for a few minutes until the dirt can be cleaned with a washcloth.
- Remove the blinds from the water and then soak off the water with a clean towel.
- Drain the water and then rinse them in warm water until you have gotten rid of all the soap.
- Hang the blinds to dry in an area that is well ventilated.
- You can even hand them in someplace which gets direct sunlight for half an hour in the least and if possible, dry them completely under the sun.
- Wash them monthly.
Don't Miss: Easy Ways To Clean Your Mattress At Home
Benefits Of Using Bamboo Blinds
- Bamboo blinds are great for privacy and blackouts. It however depends upon the kind of liner used.
- They fit any kind of decor due to the natural look.
- Being eco-friendly is one major positive that you cannot ignore. They are sustainable, are cost-effective and add some insulation as well to your home.
Take the eco-friendly root and invest in grass or bamboo curtains or blinds.
Stay tuned to HerZindagi for more on eco-friendly lifestyle.