Ahoi Ashtami is of great importance in many households. Women keep fasts for their kid's childhood and their long life. This fast is celebrated especially in North India. This is the law of worship of Mother Parvati on this day. It is believed that progeny results from this vow of power are achieved. It is said that whenever a woman keeps this fast, her children live longer. This fast is kept four days after Karva Chauth and eight days before Diwali. According to the Hindu calendar, this fast came to Ashtami, the Krishna side of the Kartik month. This time Ahoi Ashtami is on 31st October.
Date of the Ahoi Ashtami and the auspicious time of worship of Ashtami
Start Date: October 21 from 11:09 am
End Time: October 22 at 09.10 a.m.
Best Time To Worship: Mothers can worship from 05:42 to 8:59 minutes in the evening.
Importance of Ahoi Ashtami
The fasting of Ahoi Ashtami in North India has special significance. It is also called 'Ahoi eighte' because this fast falls on the eighth day. Ahoi means 'save from mishaps'. Women keep fast on this day to protect their children from any misfortune or misfortune. This fasting is also kept for the child's wish. On this day women keep strict vows and do not even accept water throughout the day.
Pooja Method Of Ahoi Ashtami
- On the day of Ahoi Ashtami, first, wash and wear clean clothes.
- Now sit for worship in the temple of the house and take a vow.
- Make a picture of Maori Parvati and Saiyu and her seven sons, Ahoii mother from the other and rice on the wall. Nowadays, readymade photos are also available in the market.
- Now place a bowl full of rice, radish, cheddar and lamp in front of the image of Mother Parvati.
- Keep water in a 'kalash'. Keep in mind that this should not have been used as a second but in Karwa Chauth. On the day of Diwali, the water of this karve is sprayed in the whole house.
- Now take aarti after reading the Ahoi Ashtami fast story by taking rice in hand.
- After reading the story, get the rice in handheld in a scarf or sari pallu.
- In the evening, worship the pictures made on the wall, and enjoy Ahori's mother with 14 purnies, eight sons and kheer.
- Now give flowers mother Ahoi.
- Read the story or katha of Ahoi Ashtami Vrat.
- Now let the stars pass through the water of the 'kalash' and rice.
- Remove Bina now. There are 14 puris and cashew nuts in this banyan. Give this respectfully to the elder woman in the house.
- After worship, take the blessings of your mother-in-law or the elder woman by touching her feet.
- Now after sharing the offerings among the household members, take food and water.
Here Is The Katha
A moneylender had seven sons and had a daughter. Sahukar had married his seven sons and a daughter. Now there were seven sons in his house with seven sons. Sahukar's daughter came to her mother-in-law on Diwali. On Diwali, the house was to be leased, so all the daughters-in-law went to take the soil from the forest. Seeing this, daughter of mother-in-law Shahukar from her in-laws' place also accompanied her. At the place where the moneylender's daughter was extracting the soil, Saiyuh (Sahi) lived with her sons. One child of Saiyu died due to a moneylender as he took a bribe. Being angry at this, Saiyu said that I will bury your hips.
Listening to the words of Saiyu, the moneylender's daughter asks one of her seven brothers and sisters to take her womb instead. The smallest bribe is ready to bake its hips in exchange for a nose. After that every small sister-in-law's child dies after seven days, after the death of seven sons, she called the Pandit and asked for the reason. Pandit advised to serve Surai cow.
Surayi is pleased with the service and asks the daughter-in-law that why are you serving me so much and what does she want from her? Whatever your wish, ask for me. The moneylender's daughter-in-law said that Saiyu mother has tied my womb, so my children do not survive. I will thank you if you open my womb. The cow mother took her along and took her along to take seven miles across the sea to the mother-in-law.
When they get tired on the way, they start relaxing. Suddenly the eyes of the smallest daughter of the moneylender goes towards one side, she sees that a snake is going to bite the child and she kills the serpent. Garuda's feathers come in there and seeing the blood spread, she feels that the younger sister has killed her child, on this she starts beating the younger daughter-in-law.
The younger daughter-in-law says that she has saved her child's life. Garuda's feathers are happy over this and with Surhi, they bring them to Saihu. There also the younger daughter-in-law works for Sanyu. Being blessed with the service of the younger daughter-in-law, he blesses him with seven sons and seven daughters-in-law.Sayyahu gives the blessings to the younger son and seven sons. And she says that when you go home you have to celebrate Ahoii's mother. Make seven eighths and make seven columns. When he returned home, he found seven sons and seven daughters-in-law. He became very happy with happiness. He made the sevenAhoyi and gave him a seven-sided yarn.
Ahoyi means one also happens to be 'unholy'. Like the smallest daughter-in-law of a moneylender had done that. Just as Ahohi's mother opened the womb of the moneylender, so do the desires of all the women who do this fast.