After breakfast, lunch is said to be the most important meal of the day. And since we love the rich and flavoursome food our prodigal Indian cuisine has to offer, why to look somewhere else! If your lunch time is becoming boring with cliché curries, try your hands on sukha kala chana, which is mouth-watering and packed with wholesome benefits. One of the most important health factors of this food item is that it improves digestion in no time. Also, brown chickpeas is known to boost energy and improve bone health. So, let us not wait anymore and learn how to make scrumptious sukha kala chana.
Sukha Kala Chana Recipe Card
Sukha kala chana, a simple dish that you can enjoy in lunch with rice or puri.
- Total Time :
- 30 min
- Preparation Time :
- 5 min
- Cooking Time :
- 25 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Main Course
- Samriddhi Srivastava
- 2 ½ cup of soaked brown peas (kala chana)
- 1 large tablespoon of ghee
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- ½ tablespoon of amchur
- 1 tablespoon of chaat masala powder
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon of red chilli powder
- ½ tablespoon of cumin powder
- salt to taste.
- Step 1
- Add 2 cups of water and salt in pressure cooker and cook soaked brown peas.
- Step 2
- Once done, take the pressure cooker off the stove and drain the water.
- Step 3
- Heat a wok on medium flame. Grease it with ghee. Once the ghee is hot, add cumin seeds, ginger, and green chillies.
- Step 4
- Let it cook. Then add amchur powder, coriander powder, chaat masala, and cumin powder to prepare tadka.
- Step 5
- Cook it for 3-5 minutes. Add boiled chickpeas. Without adding any water, keep stirring. You want the mixture to coat brown peas well.
- Step 6
- Add a little bit of salt and turn off the heat. Your sukha kala chana is ready to serve.
- Step 7
- Transfer it into a serving bowl and eat it with jeera rice, puri, or chappati.