With the commencement of Sawan month, our food options have drastically reduced. While it is comparatively easier to survive without the restricted savoury food items, desserts are an absolute essential that we cannot live without. If you are wondering what desserts you can easily whip up this month, we have a delicious and extremely easy recipe of Sabudana Kheer for you!
It is almost miraculous how you can make something as yummy as Sabudana Kheer with just a few ingredients. All you need is some Sabudana, water, milk, sugar and a little patience to make sure the milk thickens without burning and your kheer turns out to taste like it has been prepared by a chef!
How To Make Sabudana Kheer At Home?
- Soak some Sabudana in water for around half an hour.
- Take a pan and add milk to it. Heat the milk till it starts to bubble up and then add Sabudana to it.
- Stir well to avoid the milk or Sabudana from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Keep stirring till the milk reduces a little. At this step, add sugar. Stir well.
- Let the milk reduce and thicken for another fifteen minutes. Keep stirring gently.
- Add dry fruits and stir for another 5-10 minutes.
- Your Sabudana Kheer is ready to serve!
Sabudana Kheer Recipe Card
Battle all your sugar cravings this Sawan Month by trying this simple recipe of Sabudana Kheer!
- Total Time :
- 90 min
- Preparation Time :
- 30 min
- Cooking Time :
- 60 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Riddhi Kaushik
- ½ Cup Sabudana
- 1 Cup Water
- 3 ½ Cups Milk
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 7-8 Cashews
- 2 Tbsps Raisins
- ¼ Tsp Elaichi Powder(Cardamom)
- Step 1
- For this simple recipe, start by soaking your Sabudana in water. Let it soak for half an hour. Do not over soak it or it will get mashed while cooking.
- Step 2
- Take a pan(preferably with a thick bottom) and add milk to it. Let the milk heat a little.
- Step 3
- To the milk add the soaked Sabudana.
- Step 4
- Let it boil in medium flame. Keep stirring and do not let the milk stick to the pan.
- Step 5
- Boil till the milk reduces a little and your Sabudana turns translucent.
- Step 6
- Now, add sugar and stir. You can add the sugar and taste the milk after the sugar gets dissolved to see if you need more.
- Step 7
- Stir the kheer so that there are no sugar crystals left to dissolve. Make sure you stir gently or you might cause the Sabudana to mash.
- Step 8
- Leave the flame at the lowest and stir for 15 minutes.
- Step 9
- At this stage add the dry fruits and stir for another five minutes and your delicious Sabudana Kheer is ready to serve!
- Step 10
- Take it out in bowls, garnish with chopped dry fruits and serve hot!