Prepare lovely, soft neer dosa using rice at home and have them with freshly made chutney or gun powder with some oil. It can be made by anyone but the only catch is that you have to soak the rice overnight. Once the rice is soaked and soft enough, the journey to placing these softies on the plate is super smooth and very sorted! This breakfast is filling, can be served to guests and once the tawa is hot, it doesn't take time.
Neer Dosa Recipe Card
This recipe uses rice flour and tastes amazing when freshly made.
- Total Time :
- 35 min
- Preparation Time :
- 5 min
- Cooking Time :
- 30 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Kishori Sud
- 1/2 Cup Rice
- 1 Cup Water
- Salt As Per Taste
- Oil for Cooking
- Step 1
- Soak the rice in water overnight or for at least 5 hours.
- Step 2
- Drain and then grind well in a grinder. Just add a little water but not a lot.
- Step 3
- Once you get a smooth paste like batter, transfer to a bowl.
- Step 4
- To prepare for the dosas, add water to the batter for a flowing consistency.
- Step 5
- Add salt to it as per taste and mix well.
- Step 6
- Heat a non-stick pan with little oil and spread it all over so that the batter doesn't stick to it.
- Step 7
- Fill a ladle with the batter and spread it quickly on the pan in concentric circle drawing movement.
- Step 8
- Fill in the large caps if any but do that quickly.
- Step 9
- Cover with a lid and cook til it is done but do no brown it or flip it before time.
- Step 10
- Once cooked, you can fold it into triangles or keep them as it is on a plate and serve with chutney.