Fashion offers a wide range of choices for every body shape, with some outfits looking better than the others on different bodies. For the bottom heavy body type, which means when one carries more weight in the lower body instead of the upper body, the styling can be a li’l tricky. Lower heavy body typically means bigger hips and thicker thighs, and smart outfit choices are the key to looking your best.
The trick for dressing a bottom-heavy body is to bring attention to your face and chest while avoiding clothing that is excessively tight around your buttocks and legs, as this will only highlight the problem.
If you have heavy lower body (big thighs and hips), your best bottom wear options are:
1. Go High On Waist
If you have a bottom heavy body, high waisted pants or jeans are your best buddy. These elegant bottom wear are an excellent way to highlight your shape. The higher the waist-rise, the better, as it hides a large portion of your tummy, making your legs appear longer and your hips appear slimmer. Not only pants, but also skirts with a higher rise will provide you with a wonderful look.
Don't miss: How To Pick A Suit According To Your Body Type
2. Wide Legged/ Flared Jeans
Wide legged jeans or flared jeans are wonderful for a bottom-heavy body. These jeans are form-fitting from the waist to the thighs, then begin to broaden below the knee. Flares look exceptionally great on pear and hourglass shapes.
So look for fits that are form-fitting in the buttocks, thighs, and all the way down to the middle of your knees while shopping. A bigger bell that flares out and almost covers your shoes is an even better idea.
3. Vertical Striped Trousers
Vertical Strips are an excellent option for heavy bottom wear. These striped pants can create a wonderful illusion. It creates a skimming effect, as well as also providing a sense of length.
Don't miss: Know The Best Workout As Per Your Body Shape
4. Pleated Skirts
Pleated skirts look fantastic on bottom-heavy women, especially pear-shaped women. These skirts are cinched at the waist and flow down to your hips, effectively hiding your belly bulge. However, you should pick a skirt with a smaller waistband, as a large waistband can bring attention to your stomach.
5. Dark Coloured Trousers
Darker colours always help to reduce heaviness while also adding a hint of skimming effect. A monochrome look also looks great on a heavy bottom body. You can achieve it by wearing the same colour on top and bottom.
You can go for colours like black, navy blue, maroon, magenta, brown, olive green, grey and other similar colours.
Tips For Heavy Bottom
- Wear tops and dresses with interesting sleeve styles to draw attention away from the bottom to up towards the top.
- When it comes to wearing a bottom-heavy body, defining your waistline is a must.
- Long tops should be avoided at all costs. These lengthier top styles focus all attention to the lower half of the body, especially curved hips and thighs, which is not what you're going for.
- With a bottom heavy shape, it's preferable to go for bottoms with very minimal detailing on the pockets. This is because wherever there is something that makes a statement in clothing, it is where the attention is drawn on the body.
- For a heavier bottom body, anything that clings to your buttocks and thighs is a bad idea. So pants like skinny pants should be avoided.
I hope you found this story helpful. Share your thoughts with us by commenting on our Facebook page.
For more such stories, stay tuned to HerZindagi!
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org