It is easy to believe that Athiya Shetty is blessed with great skin, apart from beautiful features. However, if you’ll go through the Instagram posts of the actress you’ll know about the hard work and efforts being put behind the radiant glow. Like most of the Bollywood divas, Athiya too swears by some natural and homemade face masks instead of high-end beauty products. Let’s look at some of her favourite kitchen ingredients which she uses for her glowing skin.
Athiya Shetty’s Homemade Face Masks
In an interview with a leading publication, Athiya spilled the beans around her go-to kitchen ingredients for her skin and homemade face masks. Here is how to make it.
What Will You Need?
- 2tbsp homemade coconut milk
- half a banana
- 1tsp honey
- 2tbsp yogurt
- 1/4 cup papaya.
How To Make It?
- Take all the ingredients in a bowl and mash them with a help of a spoon.
- Now apply the paste to your freshly washed face.
- Keep the mask for 15 to 20 mins and then wash off.
Benefits Of Using This Facemask:
- This face mask consists of some skin-friendly ingredients like Banana which is a rich source of Vitamin A and it keeps your skin nourished and moisturised.
- Yogurt on the other hand heals dry skin and helps with combating acne or pimples.
- Honey has some natural anti-bacterial properties that keep minor skin issues at bay. Honey also helps with moisturising the skin without making it oily.
- Papaya is believed to remove tan, fight acne, and preventing dark circles.
Athiya’s Go-To Skin Ingredient
Apart from a homemade mask, Athiya shared in the same interview that she extensively uses tomatoes to get rid of any skin issues. Tomatoes are powerful astringents, and when the juice is diluted with water, tomatoes help with the shrinking of the open pores. It is believed that tomatoes also combat acne, loosens blackheads, and controls sebum.
How To Use Tomatoes For Skin
Tomatoes As Face Scrub
Cut a tomato in half, extract the juice, and add some sugar granules to it. Add 1 tbsp of honey and mix all the ingredients well. Now take the scrub on your fingers and gently massage it on your face. Make sure you are not using too much pressure on your face and working in a circular motion. The sugar granules and tomato juice in the scrub help to get rid of the blackheads, whereas honey hydrates your skin.
Take 2 tbsp of yogurt, 1 tomato pulp, 1tsp of turmeric powder, and 1 tsp of honey. Mix all the ingredients well and apply the paste on your face for 15-20 minutes. The tomato pulp present in the mask will help in shrinking the pores, remove tanning and make your skin soft and supple. Moreover, the turmeric present in the mask will work to help in taking care of minor inflammations to make your skin smooth and flawless. Tomatoes also work as a great bleaching agent that helps with combating blemishes.
If you liked this article then please share your views on our Facebook page. Stay tuned to herzindagi for more such stories.
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org