With the wedding season officially in full swing, picking out the perfect outfit for every function can seem like a daunting task. Look to Deepika Padukone’s latest choice as inspiration for a day wedding, reception or mehendi. Recently, the Padmaavat actress attended the launch of Sridevi's biography, titled 'Sridevi: The Eternal Screen Goddess'. For the event, the actress wore an elegant saree by Anamika Khanna. The off-white ensemble featured heavy embroidered gold border and white threadwork all over it. Scroll on to find out how she carried her look.
Deepika Padukone Paired Her Saree With A Choker Set
If you thought sarees are not the perfect attire to wear in wedding festivities, then Deepika's latest look is bound to change your mind. DP wore an ivory saree with a sleeveless blouse that had gold embroidery all over it. She paired up her attire with a pearl and jadau choker and matching earrings. Adding more glamour to her look and keeping our attention on the saree, the actress opted for a messy low bun. If you don't want to keep your hair tied, you can also style them in loose curls.
If you have been wishing to don a heavily embroidered saree for an upcoming wedding season, keep your jewellery minimal like Deepika.
- To achieve a similar look, start with washing your face with a facewash and then apply a gel-cream moisturiser to make your skin look plump and hydrated.
- Next, apply an illuminating primer that will even out your skin tone and hide all your dark circles and patches.
- Then, apply a Lakme Absolute Skin Natural Mousse foundation as it is light in texture and will give you that perfect glow. Buy it here at a discounted price of Rs 637. Blend it well using sponge puff. If you don't have it, buy it here at a discounted price of Rs 41.
- Fill in the eyebrows with a matt pencil and create a gradient effect - lighter towards the forehead and darker towards the eye.
- For the eyeshadow, opt for a soft brown shade and apply it on the lids and blend it outwards.
- Prep your pout with a vaseline or lip balm to leave them plumped, hydrated and ready for lipstick. Pick a nude matte lipstick that suits best on your skin tone and also goes with your outfit and apply it on your lips. If you are planning to replicate this look for a night function, reach for a bold red lip shade instead of nude shade.
- To complete the look, apply two strokes of mascara and kajal on your waterline.
So, ditch those heavily embroidered lehengas and replicate this look for upcoming wedding season. Stay tuned to HerZindagi for more such articles.