Worried about your wrinkles or anti-ageing lines on your eyes? Apply an eye cream made by yourself using natural ingredients which are affordable as well. Here are a few recipes that will help you out.
Coconut & Vitamin E Eye Cream
In this DIY, coconut oil acts as a moisturiser, antibiotic, multivitamin, multi-nutrient and antioxidant. Vitamin E oil is the best antioxidant that prevents premature ageing and promotes healing.
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
- 6-8 Vitamin E capsules
- Small microwavable bowl for microwaving or a small saucepan for melting on a stovetop.
- Small glass container to store the cream in
- Optional: Frankincense Essential Oil as it helps rejuvenate skin and can get rid of fine lines and wrinkles
- Microwave the coconut oil for 15 seconds over low heat for a few minutes until liquid.
- Pour the liquified oil into your container.
- Poke holes into your Vitamin E capsules and squeeze vitamin liquid into your oil while stirring. If you want, add 10 drops of Frankincense Essential Oil.
- Place the filled containers in the refrigerator for less than an hour until the liquid returns to solid form. After it turns to a solid, there is no need to keep it refrigerated. The oils will not become rancid.
How To Use:
- At night, dab a small amount of this best anti ageing eye cream ever under your eyes and be prepared to look younger, brighter and extratropical in the morning.
- I sometimes use a bit in the morning too. Just give it 10 minutes or so to soak into your skin before applying makeup.
- This cream can also be used as an eye-makeup remover. Enjoy!
Vitamin E & Rosehip DIY Eye Cream
Rosehip oil and vitamin E make for a double-whammy for anti-ageing! Vitamin E firms skin and fights wrinkles, and rosehip oil well-known for its anti-ageing properties tighten skin, restores its elasticity, regenerates cells and fades dark spots.
- Mix together a small, equal amount of rosehip oil and vitamin E oil and place in a container.
Green Tea Firming Eye Cream
View this post on Instagram
- Green tea
- Rosehip seed oil
- Sweet almond oil
- Vitamin E
- Brew ¼ cup of green tea and heat one teaspoon of wax till it liquefies.
- Add one tablespoon each of rosehip seed oil and sweet almond oil, ¼ teaspoon of Vitamin E oil, one drop of carrot seed essential oil and three drops of lavender essential oil.
- Mix green tea into the mixture and put the bowl over low heat and heat the mixture until it dissolves completely.
- When cooled down, the eye cream is ready to use.
Stay tuned to HerZindagi for more such DIYs that save money and are 100% organic.