Beetroot is extremely beneficial for skin. It has various properties that help the skin in different ways. Along with this, beetroot is also rich in iron and vitamin C. Specifically because of the presence of high amount of vitamin C, beetroot is known to help in brightening of the skin and also carries anti-aging properties. There are several beauty products that cost a fortune and have the same properties that a naturally available beetroot does. Why buy expensive beauty products when you can use a beetroot and do it yourself! Here are a few ways in which you can use beetroot to make your own beauty products!
Beetroot Lip And Cheek Tint
Image Credit: cdn.shopify
We have all used several products to make our lips appear naturally pink and our cheeks rosy. However, with the hectic lifestyle that we have, our skin often gets compromised. All you need to make this tint is coconut oil, shea butter and beet powder. To make this tint:
- Add ¼ cup of water to a pan and simmer the gas.
- Add ½ tbsp coconut oil and shea butter in a separate bowl and place it on top of the boiling water, creating a double broiler. Mix well till the butter melts.
- Remove from heat and add beet powder and mix well to ensure there are no lumps.
- Let it cool
Once the oil hardens, your tint is ready! Apply this on your cheeks or your lips for a naturally pink touch-up!
Beetroot Hair Dye
Sounds insane right? Though not a permanent hair dye, it is perfect for your experimental looks and Instagram selfies! All you need to do is:
- Take two beetroots and grind them.
- Strain the paste and add 3 table spoons of coconut oil to the mix.
- Take a brush and apply this paste on your hair, put a shower cap and rest for an hour and a half.
- Rinse gently.
The intensity of the colour may vary depending on your natural hair colour and thickness.
Beetroot Lip Scrub
Our lips often get dark due to the dead skin accumulation. It is thus very important to scrub the lips in order to get rid of the dead skin cells and get the natural colour back. Beetroot scrub will nourish the lips and remove pigmentation. Follow these steps to make a beetroot lip scrub:
- Take a bowl and add 1 tsp of Vaseline and 1 tsp of sugar in it.
- Mix them well and then add 4 tsp of beetroot juice to this.
- Add some coconut oil in order to ensure the scrub doesn’t leave your lip dried and ruptured.
Mix these items well and voila! You just made lip scrub at home!
Image Credits: 149366112.v2.pressablecdn
This is the easiest to make and a blessing if you don’t use chemical makeup products on your face. Along with those who have sensitive skin, you can also use it on your children’s cheeks if you are getting them ready for a stage performance where makeup is essential. All you need to do is:
- Take a tsp of corn-starch in a bowl
- Add 2 tsp of organic beetroot powder
- Mix till both are combined.
Take a makeup brush and apply some on your skin to see the blush look!
Beetroot Skin Icing
Image Credit: i.ytimg
Skin Icing is extremely beneficial for several reasons. Coolness of ice mixed with the vitamins and minerals of beetroot makes your skin youthful and defies aging. Follow these simple steps to make beet cubes:
- Take a peeled beetroot and grind it.
- Strain it well and take all the juice in a bowl.
- Add 5 tablespoons of rose water to this and mix.
- Pour this in an ice tray and freeze.
Use an ice cube everyday for pimple free, glowing and bright skin!
Try these beauty hacks at home and stay tuned to Her Zindagi for more such content!