Do you remember Uttar Pradesh Poll Officer Reena Dwivedi, who went viral on the internet after she was clicked wearing a yellow saree during the last Lok Sabha elections in 2019?
Well, she is again becoming the point of discussion on social media. Why?
The Viral Poll Officer Reena Dwivedi is one of the polling officers in the ongoing Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections. But this time, she is back in a different avatar! How?
On February 22, 2022, Reena was seen arriving at the polling station Bastiya Gosaiganj 114 in Lucknow donning a sleeveless black top and beige pants.
When she was asked about the change in her look, she answered, “Thoda change hona chahiye (A little change is necessary).”
Now, you might be wondering that what exactly does Reena Dwivedi do, right?
Fret not, in this article, we are going to discuss everything about her life and job, from salary, perks to her duties. Read on!
All You Need To Know About Reena Dwivedi
Image Courtesy: Free Press Journal
Hailing from Deoria, the viral Poll Officer Reena Dwivedi is actually posted as an Assistant Junior Clerk in Public Works Department (PWD) in Lucknow.
You might have seen her first time as a polling officer during the Lok Sabha elections in 2019 but she was also on poll duty in the Assembly Elections of 2017, and after that, she became a polling booth officer in 2018 Municipal Corporation elections.
Talking about her personal life, in the year 2004, Reena got married to Sanjay Dwivedi, a Senior Assistant working in PWD, but in 2013, her husband passed away. Now, along with her job, she is raising her 13-year-old son Aditya Dwivedi, who is a student.
After her photo went viral in 2019, she became pretty popular on social media, with her Instagram handle boasting over 266k followers. She also got several Bhojpuri movie offers, but she turned them down as, at present, she wants to focus on her son’s studies. Although, she had then expressed her desire to join the TV reality show Bigg Boss.
What Is The Duty Of A Polling Officer?
Image Courtesy: IndiaTV News
Basically, the job of a polling officer is to conduct the process of voting systematically and successfully. In addition, they also need to take care of all the necessary preparations after reaching the assigned polling station.
For this, they need to be thoroughly conversant with the procedure that is to be followed from the time voters enter into the polling station and till they leave the booth after casting their vote.
Know The Salary Of PWD Staff
- As per the regulations given by the government, the initial salary of the Junior Clerk in the PWD is within the pay band of Rs. 5200-20200.
- It can be more or less dependent on the city class.
- The pay band remains the same and an additional Dearness allowance is provided in some states.
- The HRA would be 20 percent of the basic salary here.
- A transport allowance of Rs. 3200 is also provided.
- There is also a child care allowance and disability allowance for women.
What Are The Perks That Polling Party Get On The Voting Day?
Image Courtesy: Reena Dwivedi/Instagram
- Returning Officer arranges transport for polling parties, police parties, and polling materials.
- Police personnel also accompany polling parties.
- Polling Parties also get suitable arrangements for accommodation, food, drinking water facilities, and toilet facilities.
- Also, there is special emphasis on such arrangements for female polling personnel.
What new facts have you got to know? Do share your thoughts with us on our Facebook page. For more such stories, stay tuned to HerZindagi!
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org